Photo

Size, (of the aerometric filler's breather tube), matters?

Aerometric Breather tube

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lennart Wennberg

Lennart Wennberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTullinge, Stockholm, Sweden

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:23 AM

Friends,

I love my Parker "51"s, but I don't want to drop them on the floor of the commuter train. I'm therefore using Hero 616s on the the go. To upgrade a little bit I bought a Hero 100. The problem with this pen was that it wasn't filling properly. I asked the ebay seller but he thought it was only a question of a good clean before using, but that didn't work. My thought was that perhaps the aerometric filler was lacking the breather tube, but upon disassembly I found that the problem was that the breather tube was way too long! I shortened it about 10 mm and now it fills much better. 

My thoughts goes like this:

I. If the breather tube is too long, the filler cannot manage to draw the ink up to the top of the breather tube.

II. If the breather tube is too short, well, you loose filling capacity as it can only fill up to the level of the top of the breather tube.

Am I correct in this? If so, there should be some inverted U-shaped graph to reflect the correlation between the length of the breather tube and the amount of ink the aerometric filler can draw?

Lennart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users