4 replies to this topic

#1 RickB

RickB

journeyman

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:44 PM

Something possessed me to reindex my deluxes by trim (vs.) color and I observed that I have a pretty comprehensive, although not encylopedic, set of the last trim variety (a faceted clip with metal tassies on each end).

Still ISO a pen in the green-and-grey variety with this trim, although I do have one with the same clip but plastic trim.

I've got a fair smattering of the earlier models too (faceted with metal or plastic trim) but not with all the colors.

No idea what the heck happened with the red one on the far left, but the red is actually quite a bit lighter and something appears to have been painted/coated on to the clip so that it's reddish too.

gallery_12868_251_331392.jpg

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:10 AM

Very nice collection. Seeing it next to black that brown/cordovan example really does look real.

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 RickB

RickB

journeyman

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:28 PM

Here is another arrival - bought as parts off eBay because I thought the swirled pattern and brownish color looked a little atypical.  By way of comparison I've a red Canadian one which also has the white plastic end rings, although this one is U.S.A.

If anyone has something similar or an idea which clip style would be correct I would appreciate it.

Nib looks to be the reverse-trim variety and has "Plat Plt" like you show in your article David, although one tip is broken.  I'm not enough of a photographer to show it here.

med_gallery_12868_251_309503.jpg

#4 AZuniga

AZuniga

journeyman

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:03 AM

I was looking at this thread and remember I have three pens marked Parkette, all say Made in USA. The red one has a wrong nib since the barrel is marked 44 and the nib says 26, anyway it is not a Parkette De Luxe as the Green set. The reason I uploaded them is because the clip is different, the nib (bicolor) says 14K Parkette De Luxe Plat. Plt. Made in USA ... I hope I am not going away of the subject.

gallery_3716_544_155228.jpg

#5 RickB

RickB

journeyman

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:09 AM

No, definitely not going off topic.  Yours is further confirmation that the stepped clip would likely be appropriate with that kind of nib (assuming yours is plain metal at the tip but gold at the base as well) and the white plastic trim.

I've got some other pens (not red) with the stepped clip/plastic trim, but nothing with that kind of nib.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users