journeyman

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:32 AM

HisNibs.com update -- I'm feeling blue

Greetings,

HisNibsMemorialDay.jpg

I always hesitate to wish someone a happy Memorial Day, but I do hope that the holiday weekend is one spent happily with your family as we all gear up for the summer.

Blue seems to be the color for this newsletter, as the great Conklin All American series adds the Lapis Blue http://www.hisnibs.c...ll_american.htm to the family -- which now numbers five members. This oversized pens has become one of my personal favorites.

The Delta Unica http://www.hisnibs.com/unica.htm in Blue is once again in stock.

The Blue Anodized http://www.hisnibs.c...ncia_carbon.htm version of the Monteverde Invincia Carbon Fiber pen has finally arrived (this was backordered from my initial order, so this is the first time it's been available).

The Ice Blue http://www.hisnibs.com/duragraph.htm is the most recent addition to the Conklin Duragraph series.

Finally, I received a large restock of Private Reserve ink http://www.hisnibs.com/ink.htm this week, in 66 ml & 110 ml bottles, as well as cartridges -- with only a few items backordered -- so all of your favorites are back.

As this newsletter goes out to a mailing list of thousands of customers, please understand if there's a delay in answering your email queries or orders after one of these is sent. We will respond in order received and as soon as possible!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~in this issue
* Conklin All American in Lapis Blue
* Delta Unica in Blue
* Monteverde Blue Anodized Invincia Carbon Fiber arrives
* Conklin Duragraph Ice Blue
* Private Reserve blues
* 'His Nibs' page on Facebook

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Conklin All American in Lapis Blue

ConklinAllAmericanGroup5Random_small.jpg

The gorgeous Blue Lapis resin joins the standout All American series from Conklin. These are pens that get noticed! 

ConklinAllAmericanLapisBlueMain2_small.j

"Norman,  order received.  The All American writes smoothly and is a pleasure to hold."
K. D.

"Norman, thanks for the HisNibs newsletter. My Conklin Yellowstone drives like a Bentley Flying Spur--smooth ride, easy on the corners, and looks good parked at STARBUCKS. Less expensive, too, and better mileage. I told my friend, Joe, that the Yellowstone looks like a psychedelic poster from Haight-Ashbury in the 60s. Looks as cool as it drives.  Thanks for the care you take in prepping the nibs and for your quick response and delivery. I'm a HisNibs and Conklin fan now."
D. C., Riverside, CA

"Dear Norman:  If you quote me again, some of your patrons will think I'm paid because of my other observations on the pens that I've bought from you. But at the risk of it, I want to acknowledge receipt of the Conklin Sunburst that I immediately flushed out as you advise and then filled with my favorite Penquin Blue. It is a remarkable pen; the orange resin much more complex and lovely than the pictures show. And when I started writing  I enjoyed the heft of the pen, the way it feels in the hand. But I was a little unprepared for how smoothly and easily the nib glides over the surface of the paper.  So I think I'll stick with it for a while as I start another article. And let me say again how much I appreciate the care with which you reply to these orders and the confidence we have that you check the nibs etc.  Now let's hope my wife goes to another concert soon." [Whenever V's wife goes to a concert, he gets to buy a new fountain pen!]
V. H., Palo Alto, CA

Delta Unica in Blue

DeltaUnicaBlueResinMain_small.jpg

The blue version of the Delta Unica returns!

"Wow Norman! I've always admired Delta pens from afar, due to their higher prices, which were a bit out of my price range. I'm so glad that they've made a pen model for the rest of us, without sacrificing the quality that I've always read about. I'm loving my white beauty and it's now my favorite daily user!"
R. D. Rust, Atlanta, GA

"Another incredible find from His Nibs, or should I say 'His Majesty' ?  The Fuscia that I ordered just really pops and I love the pearlescent look to all three of them. What I really love especially though is the matte finish -- and intricate engraving -- of the nib! It's like no other nib that I have in my collection."
V. Colombo, San Francisco, CA

"Love the colors. Love the nib. Love all three of them (I may keep them all for myself)! What more can I say Norman?"
P. Ruskin, Stow, OH

Monteverde Blue Anodized Invincia Carbon Fiber arrives

MonteverdeInvinciaCarbonGroupRandom_smal

The Invincia Carbon Fiber brings new high-tech materials to the classic styling of the iconic Invincia line of pens. These full-sized fountain pens measure 5-3/8" capped, 6-3/8" posted and 5" with cap held aside. Being of metal construction, they have a pleasing heft in the hand.

The barrel in each case has a layer of woven carbon fiber, presenting a stunning beauty. The Orange, Blue and Lime Green versions have an anodized cap, whereas the Rose Gold is the return of the favorite which has been available for many years and rejoins the Stealth version.

Conklin Duragraph Ice Blue

ConklinDuragraphIceBlueMainQuarter_small

"Dear Norman, the Forest Green Duragraph arrived today, and I can see why it is a popular seller. It is a most attractive pen and well represents the proud history of the best pens of past years. Even better, it is a fine writer and does not disappoint in the least. Private Reserve Spearmint will be the perfect ink for this pen, and I will need to order some once this Christmas madness is over. I love the two-pen pouch that Lai Yee has made, and I want you to thank her for the care she took to make it; thank you too, Norman, for including it as a free gift with my order...Thank you very much for the fine merchandise and excellent service during this past year, Norman. I hope you all have a most wonderful Christmas and the very best in the New Year."
C. K.

"Hi Norman: Thanks for the beautiful Conklin Duragraph "Cracked Ice" fountain pen. It just arrived, certainly in time for Christmas! I knew the " F" would be closer to an "EF" and that's just what I wanted. I love the high pen clip. As always, so well set up, and after a little soap flush, a beautiful writer. Thanks again and have a great Christmas!"
T. J., Victoria, Canada

"Norm! My first order - the Conklin with 1.1mm italic and Supergreen ink - has arrived. Thanks for the note.
This pen is AWESOME! It wrote from the get go - that has never happened bar the very expensive Delta I have. I love the writing style I have miraculously acquired! Ha I can actually read what I have written. You are on a winner here Norm. Kudos to you from Down Under - where it is a balmy 100 degrees F. Kind regards,"
C. S., Australia

"Hi Norman, the pen arrived yesterday. This is my first Conklin and first stub nib - very smooth writing pen, love it. With its amber body and black nib, this Duragraph looks beautiful and feels great! Thanks for your guidance."
R. D., Tustin, CA

Private Reserve blues

PR%20American%20Blue%20bottle.jpg

In keeping with our blue theme, take a look at American Blue (and the fast dry version), Black Magic Blue, Blue Suede, Cosmic Cobalt, Daphne Blue, DC Supershow Blue, Ebony Blue, Electric DC Blue, Invincible Blue, Lake Placid Blue, Midnight Blue (and the fast dry version), Naples Blue, Sonic Blue and Tropical Blue. Do you think you can find a blue to suit your taste?

See all of the ink colors here... - http://www.hisnibs.com/ink.htm

'His Nibs' page on Facebook

Join us for daily news updates from around the world about fountain pens, ink, handwriting and more!

Click here to visit our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/HisNibs1/

Regards,

Norman Haase
www.hisnibs.com
www.facebook.com/hisnibs1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users