1 reply to this topic

#1 John Jenkins

John Jenkins

journeyman

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • LocationDallas

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:31 PM

I recently came across a small collection of Wonder combos. I haven't done any research on the brand yet (feel free to offer anything you know).

They're an interesting group - four different clip styles, two imprints, one in BHR, one imprinted lever, some with imprinted nibs. They've got a nifty lead storage under the removable top. They'll benefit from a trip to the lab, but probably not til after the holidays.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
The poster formerely known as Buzz J

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:57 PM

Nice spread.

These have an "early" look, flat-top appearance, though it certainly is possible they were made after the streamlined look appeared in the big boys' lines. Better than average quality at first peek (recognizing that average quality for combos is poor), but with- at first glance- somewhat small nibs relative to size of pens, not uncommon to 2nd tier makes. The presence of a maker's imprint on the barrel is a good sign.

I find it interesting that this label got hold of Waterman's Onyx plastic, not so common outside Waterman. Believe I've also seen Morrison pens done in this color.

regards

David
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users