No replies to this topic

#1 JDW427

JDW427

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:34 PM

This is a sale of a group of vintage fountain pens. I accept payment by paypal. Domestic shipping the pens, at buyer’s choice, either first class for $5 or priority for $7.  For international shipping, please contact me with your location and I will give you a shipping quote.  List of pens with descriptions is below the pictures.  Please see the pictures and writing samples.  Feel free to ask me questions by email at jdweiss427@gmail.com.  I am open to offers on multiple pen purchases.  Thanks, Jordan Weiss

gallery_80820_586_2749006.jpg

gallery_80820_586_331936.jpeg

gallery_80820_586_269610.jpeg

1. Waterman #52 BCHR.  Super flexible Waterman’s #2 14k nib.  Some scuffing, possibly plier marks, to the barrel of the pen just below the cap.  The pen is an even, dark black.  Very strong barrel and butt imprints.  There is slight dirt or oxidation on clip.  The pen has been resacced and fills and writes properly.  The smudge on the writing sample is from touching the feed to the paper.  Slightest of railroading.  $200
  2. Waterman #52 Ripple.  Super flexible Waterman’s #2 14k nib.  Two small pinhead sized spots of brassing on cap ring, only apparent upon close inspection.  Great color and strong barrel and butt imprints.  The pen has been resacced and fills and writes properly.  This is a beautiful pen- hard to find a nicer example. $325
  3. Sheaffer Roseglow Balance Junior.  Flexible Sheaffer Junior 14k nib.  Chrome trim with no pitting (in my experience these usually have substantial pitting).  The pen has been resacced and fills and writes properly. $75 SOLD
  4. Sheaffer PFM II, blue.  Very slight wear to the barrel from the cap.  Filling system restored; fills and writes properly.  This pen is a pleasure to write with (and if it wasn’t a duplicate, I would keep it in my collection).  Nice, clean example- good enough to be a collection piece and sturdy and reliable enough to be a daily user.  $250
  5. Parker 51 Flighter.  Nice user grade example of this iconic pen.  Some very small dings to the posting end of the barrel and one just below the clip on the cap.  Name engraved on the barrel- “James J. Gillespie.” Cap ring is about 50% brassed.  The pen fills and writes properly.  $125
  6. Parker 51 aerometric Burgundy (U.S.) with lustraloy cap.  Slight wear to the cap and barrel.  I can’t make out a barrel imprint.  Will make a great, reliable user.  $70
  7. Eversharp Slim Ventura with gold-filled cap and sterling clip. Small imperfections and scratches on the barrel.  Brassing to the cap.  Nice, responsive 14k gold nib.  Some oxidation on the metal squeeze filler/sac protector.  The pen has been resacced and fills and writes properly.  After refilling, if the section is not screwed in firmly, the cap will not thread properly.  Nice user grade pen. $30
  8. Esterbrook Brown J with 1551 nib.  Strong barrel imprint and intact jewels.  Very slight use/shelf wear.  The pen has been resacced and fills and writes properly.   $30
  9. Parker Jade Lucky Curve with 14k Duofold #2 nib.  Discoloration to barrel and, less prominently so, to the cap.  Button filler. The pen has been resacced and fills and writes properly.  $35 SOLD
  10.  Sheaffer Oversize Flattop in Pearl and Black.  Nice, large Sheaffer 14k nib. Slight, even discoloration.  Approximately ½ inch long scratch to the cap, originating at the cap rim and moving upwards.  This is a scratch, not a crack.  Some brassing to the clip and cap ring.  The pen has been resacced and fills and writes properly.   User grade pen.  $90 SOLD
  11. Sheaffer Balance in Pearl and Black.  Some discoloration.  Large Sheaffer 14k nib.  The pen has been resacced and fills and writes properly.  I’m including 2 caps with this pen.  Both caps have very small cracks at the cap rim, which extend up to the cap band.  Some brassing.  $80

Note: Pens might need some additional flushing from the writing samples.

Edited by JDW427, 17 October 2016 - 02:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users