• 133 posts
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:56 AM

HisNibs.com update -- Good Wishes on Veterans Day

November 11h, 2016

Greetings all,

HisNibsElectionOver_small.jpg
The election is finally over!

Lai Yee introduces Good Wishes Quilted Throws , which have a multitude of uses (including keeping your pens safe on your desk). Read more about them further on in the newsletter.

One of my personal favorite fountain pen models over the past couple of years has been the Crocodile Celluloid Flecks -- and the series has just added two new colors -- Garnet and Sapphire.

I know that Christmas seems like forever away, but just a gentle reminder to take a look at our pen storage options for the collector in your life (and let's not forget Lai Yee's pen rolls.

As we celebrate Veterans Day today -- it behooves me to mention the Conklin All American pens.

As this newsletter goes out to a mailing list of thousands of customers, please understand if there's a delay in answering your email queries or orders after one of these is sent. We will respond in order received and as soon as possible!

IMPORTANT SERVICE NOTE: Every nib that ships from His Nibs is closely examined under high magnification and tuned or adjusted if needed. About 85% of modern nibs need some adjustment out-of-the-box from the manufacturer for an optimal writing experience. Most commonly, the tines of the nib are misaligned -- which would cause scratchiness at the minimum; the slit between the tines is partially or fully closed -- which would starve the nib of ink and at best cause skipping; or the slit between the tines is too wide -- which will either again cause skipping, or conversely, flooding. There are other factors -- such as separation of the nib from the feed -- that are inspected and repaired before any pen leaves the Palace.

The only 100% guarantee of course comes when the pen is actually filled with ink and written with for the first time, but our pre-shipping inspections and tunings have eliminated 99.99999 (my finger is getting tired) of the frustrations that a customer experiences when first using a new fountain pen. Although this can be time-consuming on occasion, it affords our customers a much more pleasant experience when receiving a fountain pen from His Nibs -- and saves us the frustration of dealing with returns!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~in this issue
* Good Wishes Quilted Throws by Lai Yee
* Crocodile Celluloid Flecks
* Pen storage
* Pen Rolls by Lai Yee
* Conklin All American
* 'His Nibs' page on Facebook

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good Wishes Quilted Throws by Lai Yee

Teresa%20Close-up.jpg

LaiYeeQuiltPeace_small2.jpg  LaiYeeQuiltLove_small2.jpg  LaiYeeQuiltJoyHanging_small2.jpg  LaiYeeQuiltJoy_small2.jpg  LaiYeeQuiltHappy_small2.jpg

Lai Yee has produced a number of unique, handmade quilted 'squares' (though not quite, as they're approximately 16" x 17").

Each one shown is one-of-a-kind, and when sold is gone! These completed throws are $50.00 each.

The center triangle of each throw contains a Chinese character -- and its English translation. How are they 'used'? Customers have used them as:

Table centerpieces

Individual placemats!

Wall hangings (each one has a sleeve on the back, allowing for a rod to be inserted -- readily available at any craft-type store)

Couch or chair throw

Pen cushion! (I use one on my desk for the multiple fountain, roller and ball pens that I use each day. It protects them from jarring and scratching -- and rolling!).

Lai Yee will be able to take a few custom orders prior to Christmas for a cost of $70.00 each -- either of those patterns shown, or customized with a name. Please email orders@hisnibs.com with your request.

See more here... - http://hisnibs.com/quilts1.htm

Crocodile Celluloid Flecks

CrocodileCelluloidDragonGroupRandom_smal

"Dear Norman, the Green Marble Crocodile pen arrived today, & it far exceeds my expectations. How they can produce a pen of this quality and beauty for the price is beyond me. One hesitation was the crocodile clip that I thought might be gaudy & cheap looking, but in reality it adds a certain elegance to the pen that I really like. Most important is the writing experience, and the ink flow and line are just right. The Private Reserve American blue is a great color, and looks to becoming one of my favorite daily inks. As always, Lai Yee has done great work on the pen wrap, and that is also most appreciated. Thanks also for the personal note. I know it takes your time, but I always feel really good after receiving that...You have a great site, wonderful products, and if I can be useful in promoting your business, it would pleasure me greatly to do so. You give personal service that far surpasses anything I have seen other places, and you certainly deserve to be supported for that. Warm regards,"
C. K., San Antonio, TX

These striking pens are medium-sized, measuring 5-1/2" capped, 6" posted and 4-3/4" with cap held aside. These are handsomely designed pens, somewhat reminiscent of the Parker Duofold in overall shape.

See more here... - http://hisnibs.com/c...loid_flecks.htm
Pen storage

PenCasesBrown12OpenSide_small.jpg   PythonBrownPenCaseClosed_small.jpg   PenCasesBrown48Filled3_small.jpg

See everything here... - http://hisnibs.com/pen_storage.htm

Pen Rolls by Lai Yee

PenRollUSMarines8_small.jpg

In honor of the Marine Corps 241st birthday yesterday and Veterans Day today, I thought this the most appropriate pen roll pattern to feature.

See them all here... - http://www.hisnibs.com/pen_rolls.htm

Conklin All American

ConklinAllAmericanGroup5Random_small.jpg

"Norman, thanks for the HisNibs newsletter. My Conklin Yellowstone drives like a Bentley Flying Spur--smooth ride, easy on the corners, and looks good parked at STARBUCKS. Less expensive, too, and better mileage. I told my friend, Joe, that the Yellowstone looks like a psychedelic poster from Haight-Ashbury in the 60s. Looks as cool as it drives. Thanks for the care you take in prepping the nibs and for your quick response and delivery. I'm a HisNibs and Conklin fan now."
D. C., Riverside, CA

"Dear Norman: If you quote me again, some of your patrons will think I'm paid because of my other observations on the pens that I've bought from you. But at the risk of it, I want to acknowledge receipt of the Conklin Sunburst that I immediately flushed out as you advise and then filled with my favorite Penquin Blue. It is a remarkable pen; the orange resin much more complex and lovely than the pictures show. And when I started writing I enjoyed the heft of the pen, the way it feels in the hand. But I was a little unprepared for how smoothly and easily the nib glides over the surface of the paper. So I think I'll stick with it for a while as I start another article. And let me say again how much I appreciate the care with which you reply to these orders and the confidence we have that you check the nibs etc. Now let's hope my wife goes to another concert soon." [Whenever V's wife goes to a concert, he gets to buy a new fountain pen!]
V. H., Palo Alto, CA

"Norman, order received. The All American writes smoothly and is a pleasure to hold."
K. D.

See more here... - http://www.hisnibs.c...ll_american.htm

'His Nibs' page on Facebook

Join us for daily news updates from around the world about fountain pens, ink, handwriting and more!

Click here to visit our Facebook page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users