1 reply to this topic

#1 PapaZeek

PapaZeek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:29 PM

Hi folks...

My name is Wade, I've been playing pens for not too long, since fall of 2015, most of the time with inexpensive-ish modern pens, a healthy sampling of the Chinese lot, a couple FPRs, Kawecos, Monteverdes, Nemosines, Noodlers, Pilots, TWSBIs.

A few months back I bought a Sheaffer Imperial II with a factory stub nib from Peyton St Pens and got bit by the older pen bug.  Since then I've picked up a few more older pens, mostly Sheaffers from the 50's-70's, a Waterman Expert II and an Esterbrook SM Deluxe.  

More recently I thought it might be fun to try my hand at some repair/restoration work, so far I've been successful with a couple simple re-saccing jobs, an Esterbrook LJ & an early generation Waterman/Alco Skywriter.  I've now got a couple Snorkels (Special & Admiral) and a Triumph Lifetime 1200 Vac Fill needing rebuilding, and I'm really excited about a Burnham B59 which should be arriving in the next day or so which should just need a new sac.  I also have a lot of eBay-sourced vintage pens "needing repair", which should be following not too long afterward.

I live in Saanichton, on Vancouver Island, a ruralish suburb of Victoria, the capital of BC.  Wifey of 25 yrs and son of 17 yrs tolerate the pen habit, at least it's cheaper than former motorcycling habit.  :-)  I've got a couple Music degrees from University of Victoria, spent the last twenty years making a meager go as a conductor & singer, gave it up for a pension and benefits, now currently working for the provincial government while volunteering with my son's Air Cadet squadron.

That's about it, I look forward to getting to know you and learning more about working on vintage pens.  I think my wife is hoping the latest vintage pen kick will theoretically become self-funding if I manage to gain anything resembling actual competence at restoration.

Edited by PapaZeek, 27 December 2016 - 11:30 PM.

#2 Wahl

Wahl

journeyman

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMadrid, Spain

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:03 PM

Hi Wade, welcome to the forum !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users