6 replies to this topic

#1 vintage penman

vintage penman

journeyman

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationCambrian Mountains - Wales

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:40 PM

I have a green striated vac fill Sentinel with a totally wrecked Triumph nib and Vintagepens are currently offering a selection for sale on e-bay. My question is which size do I need ?

I know nothing......

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:47 AM

Those are great pens.   I'd need to review, and I'm not home with my key paperwork for a week.  Sentinel was offered in two sizes, the larger called Sentinel Deluxe (1500 price code instead of 1250).  If you can ID that, we'll know which size. David Nishimura might then be able to tell you which nib. It is even possible both sizes use same nib.

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 matt

matt

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:34 AM

1500 has a 92 nib
1250 has a 79 nib

#4 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:12 AM

Thanks Matt.  Is the 92 nib the same as what was used during the WWII Triumph era on all models then?

regards

David

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#5 vintage penman

vintage penman

journeyman

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationCambrian Mountains - Wales

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:12 PM

Those are great pens.   I'd need to review, and I'm not home with my key paperwork for a week.  Sentinel was offered in two sizes, the larger called Sentinel Deluxe (1500 price code instead of 1250).  If you can ID that, we'll know which size. David Nishimura might then be able to tell you which nib. It is even possible both sizes use same nib.

It's a 1500. I do agree that they are great pens. There will be more...

Also thanks to Matt for identifying which one I need......now I can make a start on fixing it.

#6 matt

matt

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:43 PM

Thanks Matt.  Is the 92 nib the same as what was used during the WWII Triumph era on all models then?

regards

David

Yes and no. The nib on WWII Triumph pens is a 92, but according to Gerry Berg, the threaded collar on the nib unit has a different pitch than post war 92 nib units.

#7 matt

matt

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:09 AM

Correction:  the wartime Triumph nib is a 9, which is the same size as the post war 92, but the thread pitch on the collar is different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users