After 35 years of collecting pens, my wife thinks it is time to “downsize”. That means I am supposed to get rid of some of my stuff. I no longer use my pen display cases to display pens, so perhaps it is time to pass some of these on. The upcoming DC pen show, might be a perfect opportunity for someone to pick up some/all of these cases as I live just outside DC. Truthfully, I have not the slightest idea how to ship something like these large glass display cases, but if you happened to be coming to the DC show with a large vehicle, this might be a great opportunity for you to pick up some cool and rare storage/display cases.
None of these cases have internal lights. This is my first sale posting on this site, so I hope I have done this correctly.
1. Conklin vintage pen display case. $475. A lovely oak display case with a drawer and storage below the glass top. Access to the display is through two back right-left sliding doors, each with a mirror on the inside. Lockable with key provided with this case. Holds 12 standard trays, 9 on the bottom of the glass case and 3 on the shelf in the back top. Sorry, trays are not included. 24" X 24" X 41.5"
2. Conklin vintage pen display case. $450 Another lovely oak display case, very similar to above, except access to the display is through a door that slides downward and has no inside mirror. Has a small crack in the glass in front. Access to the storage is by a door that opens downward, and it has no drawer. Lockable with key provided with this case. Holds 12 standard trays, 9 on the bottom of the glass case and 3 on the shelf in the back top. Sorry, trays are not included. 23" X 24" X 41.5"
3. John Holland vintage pen display case. $375 Excellent case made of dark wood. Door to the display solids down. Three shelves in the storage area below in back. Holds 6 standard trays. Sorry, neither pens nor trays are not included. 21" X 16" X 41.5"
4. Wahl-Eversharp vintage countertop pen display case $275. This is a very nice oak display case with a small footprint. Holds 6 standard trays, 4 on the bottom of the glass case and 2 on the shelf in the back. Sorry, trays are not included. 16" X 17" X 16"
5. Waterman Paris modern countertop pen display case. $30 . This plastic case displays 9 pens and has lockable storage in the back, key included. 10.5" X 13.5" X 15"
6. Cross countertop modern pen display case. $30. Made of plastic and it rotates. Lockable with a small padlock (not provided). 11" X 10" X 20"
We live in northern Virginia and I have not the slightest idea how one might go about shipping the relatively large and delicate glass display cases above (numbers 1-4); simplest would be to pick up in Virginia. I am willing to work with the buyer to figure out shipping preferences. The remainder should be relatively easy to pack and ship via UPSA or etc. I will charge only the cost of actual shipping. Payment by cash, cheque, or Paypal.