• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RGB

RGB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:10 PM

After 35 years of collecting pens, my wife thinks it is time to “downsize”.  That means I am supposed to get rid of some of my stuff.  I no longer use my pen display cases to display pens, so perhaps it is time to pass some of these on.  The upcoming DC pen show, might be a perfect opportunity for someone to pick up some/all of these cases as I live just outside DC.  Truthfully, I have not the slightest idea how to ship something like these large glass display cases, but if you happened to be coming to the DC show with a large vehicle, this might be a great opportunity for you to pick up some cool and rare storage/display cases.

None of these cases have internal lights.  This is my first sale posting on this site, so I hope I have done this correctly. 

1.  Conklin vintage pen display case.  $475.    A lovely oak display case with  a drawer and storage below the glass top.  Access to the display is through two back right-left sliding doors, each with a mirror on the inside.  Lockable with key provided with this case.  Holds 12 standard trays, 9 on the bottom of the glass case and 3 on the shelf in the back top.  Sorry, trays are not included.  24" X 24" X 41.5"

2.  Conklin vintage pen display case.  $450  Another lovely oak display case, very similar to above, except access to the display is through a door that slides downward and has no inside mirror.  Has a small crack in the glass in front.  Access to the storage is by a door that opens downward, and it has no drawer. Lockable with key provided with this  case.  Holds 12 standard trays, 9 on the bottom of the glass case and 3 on the shelf in the back top.  Sorry, trays are not included.  23" X 24" X 41.5"  

3.  John Holland vintage pen display case.  $375  Excellent case made of dark wood.  Door to the display solids down.  Three shelves in the storage area below in back.  Holds 6 standard trays.  Sorry, neither pens nor trays are not included.  21" X 16" X 41.5"

4.  Wahl-Eversharp vintage countertop pen display case  $275.  This is a very nice oak display case with a small footprint.  Holds 6 standard trays, 4 on the bottom of the glass case and 2 on the shelf in the back.  Sorry, trays are not included.   16" X 17" X 16"

5.  Waterman Paris modern countertop pen display case.  $30 .  This plastic case displays 9 pens and has lockable storage in the back, key included.  10.5" X 13.5" X 15"

6.  Cross countertop modern pen display case. $30.  Made of plastic and it rotates.   Lockable with a small padlock (not provided).  11" X 10" X 20"   

We live in northern Virginia and I have not the slightest idea how one might go about shipping the relatively large and delicate glass display cases above (numbers 1-4); simplest would be to pick up in Virginia. I am willing to work with the buyer to figure out shipping preferences.  The remainder should be relatively easy to pack and ship via UPSA or etc.  I will charge only the cost of actual shipping.  Payment by cash, cheque, or Paypal. 

Attached Files

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:23 AM

Lovely cases.

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users