• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AndyR

AndyR

journeyman

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:09 PM

I have recently compiled a comprehensive catalogue of all the coloured casein materials used by Conway Stewart for their Dinkie pens during the 50 years they were manufactured. Over 100 different materials are known, and swatches of all these patterns have been compiled in tables, with brief descriptions. For each pattern, I have also estimated the years of introduction and deletion, and each then has a unique code number assigned, so that collectors can easily refer to these materials when describing their pens if so desired. The tables will feature in my forthcoming book, but they are also freely available online at

https://www.englishp...dinkie-colours/

Though these swatches probably account for about 80% of the various materials supplied to the British pen industry by the main supplier British Xylonite, a few others are known from larger Conway Stewart models such as the Scribe and International of the 1930s, but these were not apparently used for the Dinkie. Other British companies, notably Burnham, also used a few different (very attractive) casein materials for their small pens, but for some reason, these did not feature in the Conway Stewart range at all. Possibly they came from a different supplier?

Andy

#2 Deb

Deb

journeyman

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:40 PM

This is a major addition to the online resources.

#3 AndyR

AndyR

journeyman

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:19 PM

Thanks Deb - also congratulations to you on your Blog award!

Andy

#4 Deb

Deb

journeyman

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:50 PM

Thank you kindly.  I think I was 48th.

#5 malcolm

malcolm

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationLeeds...Yorkshire...UK

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:35 AM

Outstanding work, Andy. Major indeed.

Malcolm Haslam

#6 AndyR

AndyR

journeyman

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:14 PM

Thank you Malcolm.

Please feel free to publicise the link, it would be interesting to see if people actually start using the codes!

Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users