#1 fabbale

fabbale

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationTuscany - Italy -

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

Hello everyone
I'd like to know your opinion on this nib.
In contrast to the usually, not a nib marked ENDURA; it is possible that an adjustment or, and in some cases, this could be mounted on ?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I buy old Italian fountain pens. If you have some to sell, please send me an email.

#2 Jiffypens

Jiffypens

journeyman

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:05 PM

The nib may very well be original, I have a woodgrain endura with the same nib. Maybe and early model, as I have also seen them on black hard rubber models.

#3 John Jenkins

John Jenkins

journeyman

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • LocationDallas

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:11 PM

I don't know the full story, but the '24 catalog shows the Endura with a Conklin/Toledo nib (albeit with the fancy outline "Conklin") while the '26 catalog shows the Endura imprint.
JJ
The poster formerely known as Buzz J

#4 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

I believe the no.7 nib is correct, generally these are a more flexible nib than most Endura nibs ( some of the later ones are surprisingly flexible though, and uncommon) and where probably offered as the "flexible" alternative. As such those fitted with the no.7 are a lot less common, I've seen the no.7 fitted to post 1925 pens ( Roger W. has one) as well, this one being an earlier model as indicated by lack of date on the lever. Apart from the brassing this one looks to be in really good shape, nice pen.

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

#5 fabbale

fabbale

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationTuscany - Italy -

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:39 PM

I believe the no.7 nib is correct, generally these are a more flexible nib than most Endura nibs ( some of the later ones are surprisingly flexible though, and uncommon) and where probably offered as the "flexible" alternative. As such those fitted with the no.7 are a lot less common, I've seen the no.7 fitted to post 1925 pens ( Roger W. has one) as well, this one being an earlier model as indicated by lack of date on the lever. Apart from the brassing this on looks to be in really good shape, nice pen.

Regards
Hugh

Thanks Hugh and all people.
FB
I buy old Italian fountain pens. If you have some to sell, please send me an email.

#6 David Nishimura

David Nishimura

journeyman

• Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:28 AM

That nib may have been in that pen for a very long time, but I do not think the pen came from the factory with that nib -- especially if it is celluloid, not hard rubber. That's an earlier imprint, with the all-uppercase "CONKLIN"; #7 nibs contemporary with Endura production normally have "Conklin" in a more flowing italic font, with a crescent-shaped vent hole.

#7 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:46 AM

David may well be correct ( certainly far more knowledgeable than me on these), I've assumed the pen is RHR (first look just made me think rubber....so room for error!!) and I'm pretty sure an early one as it not only lacks a date on the lever but also the Conklin name, I'm inclined to say the first year/model Endura .

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users