Photo

Large Sheaffer/WASP collection. Charm of the pen show.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:51 AM

Posted this a couple weeks ago on Zoss list. Most of the text is in the large picture to load (be patient if slow connection). Figure worth another peek. There some lesson or another here about approaches to collecting, though not sure I know exactly which lesson ;)

Certainly, it does not hurt to post one's interests online. Certainly, pen shows have benefits hard to match in online approach alone to collecting.

-david

Posted Image

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#2 George

George

journeyman

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

Looks like I have some catching up to do on my wasp collection... Great grab David. The red mottled twist is interesting (translation: it is one of the coolest wasp variants.) :)

Regards,
George

#3 CHICAGO88

CHICAGO88

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:44 PM

Hello David,
A while back I purchased a Wasp Addipoint and the cap and barrel are in great shape. However the EF steel nib is bent...I much prefer a med or broad nib. Doyou have any spares there? The section looks like ebonite or black plastic. Can you help?

Thanks,
Lee

Posted this a couple weeks ago on Zoss list. Most of the text is in the large picture to load (be patient if slow connection). Figure worth another peek. There some lesson or another here about approaches to collecting, though not sure I know exactly which lesson ;)

Certainly, it does not hurt to post one's interests online. Certainly, pen shows have benefits hard to match in online approach alone to collecting.

-david

Posted Image

LEE RAPPEPORT

#4 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

Hello David,
A while back I purchased a Wasp Addipoint and the cap and barrel are in great shape. However the EF steel nib is bent...I much prefer a med or broad nib. Doyou have any spares there? The section looks like ebonite or black plastic. Can you help?

Thanks,
Lee

Hi Lee,

Yep. I recall. I'm home again a few days. Have doubts about broad. Maybe medium. Will hunt. At worst, might not be unreasonable to replace with proper size Sheaffer nib

regards

david

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users