3 replies to this topic

#1 vintage penman

vintage penman

journeyman

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationCambrian Mountains - Wales

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:40 PM

I have a 52 with an 18kr "jeweller's overlay" of possibly Italian origin. So far, I have drawn an absolute blank as to the identity of the maker.
I attach an atrocious sketch of the emblem below on the offchance that someone might recognise it.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 David Nishimura

David Nishimura

journeyman

• Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:05 PM

Not a jeweler's overlay -- that's the mark of Waterman's Italian agency. You can read a bit of background here, but note that that page is quite old and has been corrected and amplified in many regards since. See Letizia Iacopini's book on Italian overlay Waterman safety pens (she was the author of the website, too).

#3 fabbale

fabbale

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationTuscany - Italy -

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

Not a jeweler's overlay -- that's the mark of Waterman's Italian agency. You can read a bit of background here, but note that that page is quite old and has been corrected and amplified in many regards since. See Letizia Iacopini's book on Italian overlay Waterman safety pens (she was the author of the website, too).

David Perfect, the info are right and the web page, even if it's old news, however, contains still valid.
The whole story is still shown in a most beautiful LETIZIA's book.

A "Masterpiece"

Posted Image

I buy old Italian fountain pens. If you have some to sell, please send me an email.

#4 vintage penman

vintage penman

journeyman

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationCambrian Mountains - Wales

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users