Photo

And now for something completely different.....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AndyR

AndyR

journeyman

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:42 AM

Time to mention one of the lesser known British pen companies for a change!

The Corona Co. was founded in Manchester during WW1 and had links with De La Rue. My full history of the company will be published in the WES Journal later this year but, as a teaser, I thought it might be nice to share a picture of this wonderful and unusual nib. The gold overfeed is stamped with the Corona name and it is probably one of a number of similar exhibition pieces made in 1918.

There is of course no connection with the American pen company of the 1920s with a similar name.

Andy

Attached File  4 nib reduced.jpg   109.18KB   24 downloads

(WES = UK Writing Equipment Society. The Journal is published 3 times a year and is edited by David Shepherd, author of several Parker books)

#2 fabbale

fabbale

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationTuscany - Italy -

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

Also in Italy there was a company named CORONA.

These fountain pens were made from the second half of the thirties through the fifties by a Milan firm called Mario Diaz.The models from the thirties/early forties are beautiful colored celluloid lever-fillers and button-fillers fitted with a gold nib marked “Corona.” The engraving on the barrel consists of the word “Corona” written in 18th-century style inside two rings.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I buy old Italian fountain pens. If you have some to sell, please send me an email.

#3 AndyR

AndyR

journeyman

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:43 PM

There is also another unconnected English 'Corona' pen, pictured on this link Stentoft Antik. This looks to be a red Streamline Duofold copy from the early 1930s, maybe 5 or 6 years after my Corona Company finished manufacturing. Unfortunately I have no information beyond the picture on the link.

Andy

#4 simp

simp

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationTuscany -Italy

Posted 23 January 2011 - 02:48 PM

There is also another unconnected English 'Corona' pen, pictured on this link Stentoft Antik. This looks to be a red Streamline Duofold copy from the early 1930s, maybe 5 or 6 years after my Corona Company finished manufacturing. Unfortunately I have no information beyond the picture on the link.

Andy

I don't have nice pen photos, but at least I can add some documentation about the Italian Corona, this is an order from '50s.

Posted Image
Fountain Pen Wiki - www.FountainPen.it
Fountain pen Chronology (need help to improve...)
Old advertisement (needing new ones to enlarge the gallery...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users