Photo

Happy David. Found a key Wahl... been hunting a long time.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:15 PM

At the Chicago Pen Show this year, I finally scored a pen set of the sort I'd hunted for years.

Seemingly related to the similar era Wahl Pacemaker, the deco Wahl Coronet set is a Wahl of quite high cachet. Found with black and with red inserts, the red- dubonnet (sp?) is the more desirable today. Often found flawed, this one pops.

I'm happy to do a bit of show-n-kvell (copyright isaacson LOL) with it and pictures follow.

Now, the irony. Despite the desirability and value of this pen, the challenge to find it at all never mind clean, this one now is dwarfed by the Wahl I picked up this week, arguably the most signifcant Wahl out there. But, that is a post for a couple weeks from now ;)

Anway, here is my Wahl Coronet set, all gold-filled with dubonnet inserts.

regards

David

Posted Image

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#2 djohannsen

djohannsen

journeyman

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • LocationFredericksburg, VA

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:23 PM

At the Chicago Pen Show this year, I finally scored a pen set of the sort I'd hunted for years.

Congratulations on landing what I feel is one of the most beautiful pens ever produced. I've wanted one of these for years, but never had one appear at a time when I could have jumped at it. Perhaps some day... (sigh)

Dave

#3 Bluemoon

Bluemoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:55 PM

WoW!!!!!!!! That must be the one of the best (if not THE best) looking FP I have ever seen. Wish I had around spare 1500$ (this is a guess depending on the searches in the Web) lying around!!!
"This is my prayer to thee, my lord---strike,
strike at the root of penury in my heart.
Give me the strength lightly to bear my joys and sorrows.
Give me the strength to make my love fruitful in service.
Give me the strength never to disown the poor
or bend my knees before insolent might.
Give me the strength to raise my mind high above daily trifles.
And give me the strength to surrender my strength to thy will with love. "

Rabindranath Tagore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users