Da Vinci's Content

There have been 3 items by Da Vinci (Search limited from 26-June 23)

Sort by                Order  

#40784 Seeking assistance with Pilot Elite filling system

Posted by Da Vinci on 06 May 2015 - 05:53 AM in OTHER EUROPEAN and ASIAN PENS

A quick search of Pilot Elite shows a couple of filler types, including a bellows filler that looks like a button filler with a metal shroud. Obvious question: have you looked up inside the barrel? Yes it appears parts are missing.

Thanks Matt. When I am next with the pen I will check the barrel.

Out of interest if it is the bellows filler and the missing shroud is not in the barrel, do you think this could be fixed at sensible cost?

#40733 Seeking assistance with Pilot Elite filling system

Posted by Da Vinci on 03 May 2015 - 02:39 PM in OTHER EUROPEAN and ASIAN PENS

Seeking some help in relation to a sterling silver Pilot Elite that I recently picked up.

I dont know a great deal about the pen, but I like silver, I like these types of nib and I like Pilot. A bit of an impulse buy.

I have attached some pictures of the pen below:

image.jpg8_zpsjh9fc28j.jpg

image.jpg9_zpslwe0wlbc.jpg

image.jpg10_zpsxpeqhl3l.jpg

As you can see the section has a long slim metal tube (as opposed to a solid rod) protruding from the section. It seems to join the section at the point where you would normally expect to find the nipple to attach a cartridge or convertor.

I am guessing that this pen may have had some sort of filling system other than c/c which has been worn or damaged and is now incomplete.

Anyone got any ideas about whether this pen is broken and if so how it might be repaired?

If its not broken how do I fill it?

Thoughts welcome and TIA.

#40412 Hello. I'm Chrissy from the UK and I'm a FP addict. :)

Posted by Da Vinci on 18 April 2015 - 07:17 PM in Say Hello!

Hi Chrissy :)