cedargirl's Content

There have been 31 items by cedargirl (Search limited from 02-July 23)

Sort by                Order  

#25234 Really?

Posted by cedargirl on 16 May 2013 - 07:21 AM in Say Hello!

Hi Manny

I'm glad The Amalgamated Beungaling Society has made it to this board too.

#25929 Take the Quiz

Posted by cedargirl on 04 June 2013 - 07:24 AM in What's New in Your Life

Another: Is "route 1" pronounced "root 1", like the root of a tree, or "rout 1", as in "Washington routed Denver in Super Bowl 22".

Wow. That's interesting. I thought all Americans said "rout" not "root". Seems some of you speak English after all ... [runs for cover!]

#27065 They're at it again over at the FPN..

Posted by cedargirl on 14 July 2013 - 11:55 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

I think I have reached a happy medium with FPN. I do visit - there is a lot of good info there.
I do post occasionally, but mostly view.
But here is where I draw the line - I do not visit their classifieds any more. I will not buy from FPN. So if they want to sell to me (hey, of course they do!), they better list elsewhere.

#24183 What's with this?

Posted by cedargirl on 28 April 2013 - 10:26 PM in OTHER EUROPEAN and ASIAN PENS

Thank you very much David. "End of day" says it all.

#24180 What's with this?

Posted by cedargirl on 28 April 2013 - 10:10 PM in OTHER EUROPEAN and ASIAN PENS

I just came across this vintage pen - unknown maker.

Posted Image

Have a look at the colouring. Looks like it's made of bits of leftovers.

I guess this might be very familiar to some here, and it's just me that thinks it unusual.

Can anyone shed any light on it?

The listing is here - with more photos - My link

#27293 Why should I want waterproof ink?

Posted by cedargirl on 27 July 2013 - 10:55 AM in Miscellanea: Ink, Paper, Calligraphy, Journals, Storage, Turning, etc

I don't need all my ink to be waterproof. I do like to address envelopes and sign cheques with waterproof ink, so I do make sure I always have at least one bottle available.
It is a need for those people who use it in pen and wash sketching.

I am as baffled as you with the "unfortunately it's not waterproof so it won't make it into my collection" line that I read quite often.