Sam K's Content

There have been 3 items by Sam K (Search limited from 29-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#14888 Hello from York, PA

Posted by Sam K on 22 May 2012 - 11:48 PM in Say Hello!

Thank you, I might just take you up on your offer.

Sam

probably no one as religiously as me tho... B)

I am one of the ephrata people.

drop me a line if you want to venture up to adamstown for a good time on some sunday.

Philly pen club is meeting early june on saturday at the cira center.

#14887 Hello from York, PA

Posted by Sam K on 22 May 2012 - 11:46 PM in Say Hello!

Hello Jim,
Thank you for the warm welcome. If wish I had known about the ink before purchasing online.
I was looking for my first pen for a few months before I bought it and then I realized that I need to find ink and figure out how to fill the pen. Now that I have that under my belt it is time to go shopping.

Sam

Hello everyone,
My name is Sam and I am new to this board. As my topic title states I live in York, Pennsylvania which is about 50 miles north of Baltimore, Maryland.
Sam

Welcome Sam. I'm sure you'll find many other Parker 51 enthusiasts on this board. That includes me, particularly for the later aerometric filling Parker 51's, and/or Parker 51's with broad, stub or italic nibs, and/or those with "plum" colored barrels.

I live in Lancaster, just across the Susquehanna river. And I just happen to have a number of vintage 16 ounce bottles of Waterman permanent blue-black ink in the original boxes, which would be absolutely great to use for signing contracts. If I'd only known that you needed some ink!

There are any number of collectors in the immediate area, in Hellam, Lancaster (several), Ephrata, Reading, etc. And many of us "religiously" attend the outdoor antiques and collectibles markets in Adamstown, PA early on a Sunday morning, to find more fountain pens and mechanical pencils. Places like Renninger's, Shupp's and Black Angus, as well as the many indoor antique and collectibles cooperatives. And untold numbers of local auctions and flea markets.

This board is a great place to exchange information, and south central PA is a great place to find fountain pens.
- - - Happy finding, fixing and using pens, Jim

#14871 Hello from York, PA

Posted by Sam K on 22 May 2012 - 12:14 AM in Say Hello!

Hello everyone,
My name is Sam and I am new to this board. As my topic title states I live in York, Pennsylvania which is about 50 miles north of Baltimore, Maryland.
I am really happy to be here amongst people that are keeping a little piece of the past alive. I am new to fountain pens in general but I have always had
a real fondness for nice pens. I just did not know until recently that it was a fountain pen I have been chasing all my life.
Last week I purchased a 1947 Parker 51 from a vendor on ebay. I'm sure I will run into him on this site eventually. It has a Dove Grey barrel and a lustraloy (spelling?)
cap with a gold filled clip. The pen looked brand new and the diaphragm has been replaced. I'm thinking this pen was never or very hardly used as it has no scratches or marks
at all except for the very strong factory markings.
I looked everywhere in the York area for fountain pen ink but could not locate any so I bought some off of Amazon. Took me a few moments to figure out how to ink (no instructions) the pen but once
done it wrote like a champ.
I am a purchasing agent for a large company and I write contracts all day. Guess what is writing the contracts now.!

I am having lot's of fun with this pen and I hope to talk to others who also enjoy the same. Be prepared for a lot of silly questions.

Sam