RichelleG's Content

There have been 47 items by RichelleG (Search limited from 29-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#18781 Stunning Lapis Gold Seal

Posted by RichelleG on 06 October 2012 - 03:20 AM in WAHL, WATERMAN and CONKLIN (USA "Big Five")

I thought the moderators and staff on this board who could tell me what messages I can respond to or not respond to. Silly me, I did not notice that you are now staff on this board and can tell me what I can or cannot post.

But you did insult members of this board and did insult the host along with staff members and are now conducting business on this board after your flounce. That is chutzpa.

True, I am not staff here and I did insult a couple of people. Now here is your very own. Kiss..... ( Expletive deleted by Ye Old Admin)

#18779 Stunning Lapis Gold Seal

Posted by RichelleG on 06 October 2012 - 03:15 AM in WAHL, WATERMAN and CONKLIN (USA "Big Five")

My goodness Richelle,

You have a foul mouth.

You have no idea. ;) :o B)

#18775 Stunning Lapis Gold Seal

Posted by RichelleG on 06 October 2012 - 01:49 AM in WAHL, WATERMAN and CONKLIN (USA "Big Five")

Pat,

Why are you stirring the pot trying to get a rise out of me? Whats the end goal there?

If you don't care for me, that's ok with me, that's your issue, not mine. Just don't reply to my posts or trade with me. I have an idea & really, it's a simple way to live, don't try to start shit with me and I'll return the favor.

Richelle

#18756 WTB: Wahl 5th ave CA BP cap

Posted by RichelleG on 05 October 2012 - 07:13 PM in Want Lists and Trade Offers

I have a user grade Wahl 5th ave CA BP that needs a cap. Does anyone have a stray they can part with? Brassed & dinged is ok, this is one I'm keeping for myself. When Uncle D gets home from the hospital in 3 weeks, he is going to teach me how to convert these to take modern refills.

#18655 Stunning Lapis Gold Seal

Posted by RichelleG on 04 October 2012 - 12:37 AM in WAHL, WATERMAN and CONKLIN (USA "Big Five")

If you back channel me I might have a barrel for you. I am in Canada until Tuesday, but I can check after that should you still need one.
Syd

Thank you Syd. I've already sourced another pen for parts. What I could use is a user grade roller clip for the beater pen that I'm going to piece together with the 'leftovers' and keep for myself. Would you happen to have a stray you can sell?

Richelle

#18258 What is your favorite Noodler's Ink?

Posted by RichelleG on 26 September 2012 - 03:15 AM in Miscellanea: Ink, Paper, Calligraphy, Journals, Storage, Turning, etc

Hey Everyone,

My question is what is your favorite Noodler's ink or inks? I fell in love with the X-Feather ink the moment I put it in a broad nib pen and watched it dry. That stuff is the blackest there is in my opinion. Noodler's standard blue is a great color, but another one I love is the Apache Sunset, something about the color and shading really appeals to me.

How about you?

"Noodlers getting arrested got me thinking...."

How does a company get arrested & for what?

#18145 WTB: Flat-top Duofold black plastic cap (with clip) and flat-top blind cap

Posted by RichelleG on 22 September 2012 - 02:06 PM in Want Lists and Trade Offers

I’m looking for a Flat-top Senior Duofold cap in blackplastic (with the clip) and a flat-top blind cap. They just need to be in presentable condition to be used on a user grade pen. If you have the parts tosell, please send me a message here with your asking price. A photo would be greatif you have it as well. Thanks!

Message me your address. I have a good blind cap. I've also got a clip & bushing if you can source the actual cap.

#18135 Value of a Lapis Wahl Gold Seal

Posted by RichelleG on 21 September 2012 - 11:27 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

good grief. It hasn't arrived yet. Why do you pick apart every word I write?

I have 2 parts pens that I will transplant to create one perfect pen and one beater parts pen (missing the clip)

So, you really don't know what you are writing? You are asking for prices on that which doesn't necessarily exist?

regards

-d

I know exactly what I am writing. I asked the value of a pen. Then you and a couple of other douchebags rip me up and twist everything I ask or say & accuse me of being a straw man for my uncle. I came here looking to join a community of experienced pen people that may be interested in helping a newbie to the hobby. Obviously I have found the wrong forum. Enjoy your feelings of superiority. Have a nice life assholes.

#18134 Value of a Lapis Wahl Gold Seal

Posted by RichelleG on 21 September 2012 - 11:20 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Lotta IP bounce, makes me suspicious....

I can not see the admin panel but I have long suspected an integration tool bar.

What is IP bounce & an integration tool bar?

#18132 Value of a Lapis Wahl Gold Seal

Posted by RichelleG on 21 September 2012 - 11:16 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

good grief. It hasn't arrived yet. Why do you pick apart every word I write?

#18130 Conklin Endura Symetric in Brolnze & Black Value

Posted by RichelleG on 21 September 2012 - 09:56 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Thank you Hugh

#18128 Conklin Endura Symetric in Brolnze & Black Value

Posted by RichelleG on 21 September 2012 - 07:50 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

I've come across another pen I need help with a sales value.

It is 5 1/4" closed. Flexible 14K Conklin Toledo nib. Very good plus condition. No brassing.

What are your thoughts?

My link

My link

My link

My link

#18123 Ed Sullivan Snorkel Set

Posted by RichelleG on 21 September 2012 - 06:02 PM in SHEAFFER (USA "Big Five")

Wekiva, they could be there or also in the Sheaffer Archives. Who has access to that information?

No one presently. They were neglected for some time and need to be restored before anyone can go through them. They presently reside in the Sheaffer Museum.

Roger W.

Who is the curator & where is it located.

#18118 Ed Sullivan Snorkel Set

Posted by RichelleG on 21 September 2012 - 05:47 AM in SHEAFFER (USA "Big Five")

Wekiva, they could be there or also in the Sheaffer Archives. Who has access to that information?

#18105 Ed Sullivan Snorkel Set

Posted by RichelleG on 20 September 2012 - 08:30 PM in SHEAFFER (USA "Big Five")

The Ed Sullivan Theater had 1200 seats back when Ed was doing his show there every week. If they ever passed out expensive snorkel sets to the audience, I doubt they did it a lot.

It does seem like something that might have gone to a guest on the show rather than the audience.

Tim

That was my thought too. Ed wasn't like Opra & apt to give everyone in the audience a car or a $20+ pen set. I'd have to agree that it was probably a gift for the guest or VIP.

#18069 Value of a Lapis Wahl Gold Seal

Posted by RichelleG on 19 September 2012 - 03:44 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Thank ebay for that, I did.

#18045 Value of a Lapis Wahl Gold Seal

Posted by RichelleG on 19 September 2012 - 02:38 AM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Holy crap. REALLY!

For the last time, I AM NOT MY UNCLE DENNIS!

I am learning as I am able. I'm reading everything I can & absorbing everything possible. Sorry if my descriptors are too vague for you I'll work on them.

#18043 Value of a Lapis Wahl Gold Seal

Posted by RichelleG on 19 September 2012 - 02:18 AM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

You guys really get off on being a dick to the new kid. Why?

#18035 Value of a Lapis Wahl Gold Seal

Posted by RichelleG on 18 September 2012 - 09:43 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

My apologies for the confusion and thanks for the help.

#18029 Value of a Lapis Wahl Gold Seal

Posted by RichelleG on 18 September 2012 - 06:57 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

I think you guys are misunderstanding me. I have 2 parts pens that I will transplant to create one perfect pen and one beater parts pen (missing the clip)

I'm interested in the value of the pen in very good + condition.

David N has the same pen in Coral for $650

http://www.vintagepe...Eversharp.shtml

I know there is no way I can command his sort of prices, I am only wondering where the price neighborhood begins.

#18021 Value of a Lapis Wahl Gold Seal

Posted by RichelleG on 18 September 2012 - 05:12 AM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

ookkkkkk....

........can you possibly point me at a reasonable number & or why the 550 is out of line?

#18018 Value of a Lapis Wahl Gold Seal

Posted by RichelleG on 18 September 2012 - 04:29 AM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Somemof you have seen the pretty Lapis Wahl I picked up with a Swiss cheese barrel. I found a barrel a few minutes ago. Well a full pen minus the clip. If it is as clean as I believe it to be, what is a fair street value on the pen. 5 1/4" capped, will come with a choice of a fine signature or a medium manifold gold seal nib. No discoloration or brassing, the cap is in perfect condition as is the hardware that will be transplanted to the donor barrel.

Would $550 be fair?

#17949 Stunning Lapis Gold Seal

Posted by RichelleG on 16 September 2012 - 09:12 PM in WAHL, WATERMAN and CONKLIN (USA "Big Five")

Richelle: the condition is jaw dropping as I've not seen a pen dissolved like this before.

For someone with just a few months in the pen world, how much experience do you have with pens dissolving like this?

Uncle D has shown me how celluloid and acetone react together. We have mended a couple of cracks and patched in 1/2 of a new cap lip together. So I do have SOME minor experience with melty things. I know I'm the green rookie among the grizzled veterans so please be kind when I sound dumb.

#17933 Stunning Lapis Gold Seal

Posted by RichelleG on 16 September 2012 - 03:50 PM in WAHL, WATERMAN and CONKLIN (USA "Big Five")

"stunning" and "jaw dropping" admittedly can address degree rather than direction (things can be stunningly horrible or stunningly nice), though often such terms are used and assumed to apply to items that are superb. In this case, I see a parts pen.

regards

david

Thats why I said for more than 1 reason. This is my first experience with a Lapis Wahl & find the color beautiful. Stunning

the condition is jaw dropping as I've not seen a pen dissolved like this before.

For now, yes it is a parts pen until I find a new barrel.

#17877 Eep! Board Apologies re: RIP Dennis Lively.

Posted by RichelleG on 14 September 2012 - 07:37 PM in Greetings + Latest News

Hello