Titivillus's Content

There have been 4 items by Titivillus (Search limited from 29-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#12125 Philly Show 2012!

Posted by Titivillus on 11 January 2012 - 07:41 PM in Pen Shows, Clubs, Associations, Books and Magazines.

I wish I could get excited about the Philly show, it's near but just can't seem to find the desire to go.

I hope others enjoy it.

#12124 "Bes't Label for Pen Pricing at Pen Shows

Posted by Titivillus on 11 January 2012 - 07:38 PM in Miscellanea: Ink, Paper, Calligraphy, Journals, Storage, Turning, etc

I like those hang tags on threads although I would expect they might cost more than the others mentioned.

But the best of all is a tag that is easily viewable by a possible buyer. Not just for pen shows but overall I wish that the price was easily viewable. I would rather not waste a sellers time asking to pull pens jif knowing the price up front would stop me.

#11849 Death of Cursive Writing.

Posted by Titivillus on 03 January 2012 - 12:20 AM in Miscellanea: Ink, Paper, Calligraphy, Journals, Storage, Turning, etc

I guess it is just society as a whole moving away from paper and ink based information collection to one of bits and bytes. I use cursive but mainly when I write letters. My daily use of information requires either block letters or a keyboard. It may be sad that cursive is no longer being taught but to be honest I would rather teachers focus on logic, math, English and history. It seems to me the ability to create a thought and transmit it to another person is much more important than the medium it is sent in.

#11808 FS: Sheaffer Snorkel Admiral Burgundy (1952-1959) ==> Price - 45.00

Posted by Titivillus on 01 January 2012 - 10:17 PM in Pens for Sale

For sale, a Sheaffer Snorkel in excellent working order, the snorkel extends and fills easily. Pen has a nice smooth 14K gold X2, extra fine nib. On the body of the pen is a professional engraving on the body. Standard drawer wear to the pen. Price includes 1'st class mail in US. Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image