kacz's Content

There have been 7 items by kacz (Search limited from 20-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#18636 Korean Faker is Back

Posted by kacz on 03 October 2012 - 10:41 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

So tell me what do you see wrong with this set, I have been selling 51s to Sun for over 4 years always thought he was up and up

#16680 Parker Duofold Book

Posted by kacz on 11 August 2012 - 03:40 AM in Pen Shows, Clubs, Associations, Books and Magazines.

This place has got everything Posted Image

http://www.parker51....ofold-book.html

I contacted them 2 days ago, waiting to hear from them, if they have it in stock and if they will ship to the US, was hopeing to find one in the U.S.

#16678 Parker Duofold Book

Posted by kacz on 11 August 2012 - 02:07 AM in Pen Shows, Clubs, Associations, Books and Magazines.

I,am looking to purchase The Parker Duofold Book by David Shepherd & Dan Zazove, does anyone have one for sale or can lead me in the right direction to one

#13058 ebay watch: Parker VS $1000. Oy Vey.

Posted by kacz on 11 February 2012 - 07:54 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

And here's a "WASP" that has been relisted with a $50 BIN every 30 days since at least last summer. Why the seller resacced it is beyond me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120855125222

Are you saying I should have not replaced the sac????

Hi Kacz,

I certainly don't want to speak for Matt, though I don't quite see in his note an injunction, as in "should not have", etc regarding resacing a problem pen. From my view, hey rescuing, tweaking, polishing any old pen, even a broken Wearever, is fine and good, allows practice of restoration skills, lets one build a user... never a bad thing. Suspect Matt wonders given the issues with the pen, how much energy is reasonable to invest in it, and of course that is a subjective thing.

And, no doubt anyone's sale is at risk for analysis. I've seen my share of "How can Isaacson charge this much for that pen?" ;)

But, peeking at ebay ads can yield insights; sometimes we agree with seller, sometimes not.

In this case, an observation is that the cap is not a WASP cap and is not "Balance style" but rather is a Balance, proper, cap. The pen is a frankenpen. And, it has been listed at length... which is fine, but which perhaps allows for comment on the market for it.

Thoughts?

best regards

David

Thanks for the info I appreciate it

#13053 ebay watch: Parker VS $1000. Oy Vey.

Posted by kacz on 11 February 2012 - 02:58 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

And here's a "WASP" that has been relisted with a $50 BIN every 30 days since at least last summer. Why the seller resacced it is beyond me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120855125222

Are you saying I should have not replaced the sac????

#12289 Parker 21 Button Filler

Posted by kacz on 16 January 2012 - 10:33 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

I Found this Parker 21 in a hoard of pens that I bought, I never seen a 21 like this, it is a button filler, the cap is a lustaloy, barrel is marked Parker 21 Made In USA, has anyone else seen a 21 button filler, thoughts

#10839 Overpaying (?) for bits and pieces

Posted by kacz on 05 December 2011 - 12:09 AM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

An eBay auction just closed today that consisted of 2 Parker 51s which are really at least 4 different 51s mashed together. Take a moment to look over the pictures below, from the auction:

Posted Image

What I saw here, at first, was a first year 51 whose cap got put on the other pen in the auction, plus a stray aerometric cap that had been placed in the mix. You can see the imprint on the blind cap and the aluminum jewel on the cap which signify first year. Upon further inspection of the bottom left photo, however, you may notice that the blind cap is Cedar Blue, but the rest of the pen is black. So whoever won this auction will need a first year Cedar Blue barrel (one that is sans imprint) to make a correct pen out of this.

The auction closed at $243. I think whoever won the auction isn't going to be extremely happy when the pens arrive in their mailbox. What do you guys think?

You are correct, but the seller did mention that in his listing