Peterg's Content

There have been 5 items by Peterg (Search limited from 27-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#44149 Good Service Vac

Posted by Peterg on 25 April 2018 - 10:20 PM in USA "Other": Bexley; Cross; Esterbrook; Carter, Chilton, Moore, Leboeuf, Dunn, Triad, etc.

I have a Good Service vac fill pen and want to know whether the Parker diaphragms will fit and if there should be a spring on the plunger. As there is a short blind cap I assume the plunger would have it underneath so that you pull it out and the spring returns it, but who knows better? The plunger mechanism is all in plastic.

Unable to get any of my photos small enough to upload.

#44126 Herma Fountain Pen

Posted by Peterg on 07 January 2018 - 07:31 PM in OTHER EUROPEAN and ASIAN PENS

Thank you for the link Jos,

My guess is that it was a bought in line to expand their main business that probably died in the years of inflation, as there is not enough branding on it to be used for promoting the company name.

#44124 Herma Fountain Pen

Posted by Peterg on 07 January 2018 - 11:43 AM in OTHER EUROPEAN and ASIAN PENS

Can anyone enlighten me as to the history of the (German?) Herma fountain pen company?

I have recently bought a blow filler and would like to know roughly when it was produced.

It looks like a standard bhr German pen of the 1930's with a tall, Pelikan style clip screw with 'HERMA' written in a cross pattern on top.

I'm not sure what it is made of. The pen has no smell and looks like a celluloid of some kind but the cap is beginning to fade brown.

#44122 Swan 40

Posted by Peterg on 17 December 2017 - 08:02 PM in BRITISH PENS

The inscription looks like a personalisation: Frank Swan to me, and the pen one of the numerous British Duofoldesque pens produced in the 1930's. Probably produced by Mentmore, Langs or Valentine's.

I think the nib is a bit of a red herring as they were major replacement nib producers (prior to taking over the Swan stock)

#44005 Help identifiyng if this is a Parker? Duofold?

Posted by Peterg on 26 June 2017 - 06:39 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

Isn't 143.5 mm about 10 mm longer than the streamline? the celluloid (red version of jade?), clip and cap band suggest a very early streamline using Duofold parts while the nib (replacement?) and section appear to be later Duofold items.

It must be said that just about all British pen makers copied the Duofold for their button fillers. Have you checked the threads against other Parker pens?