Dan in NYC's Content

There have been 6 items by Dan in NYC (Search limited from 29-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#43154 Waterman inkvue desk pen

Posted by Dan in NYC on 08 April 2016 - 04:24 PM in R & R: (Repair and Restoration)

After many attempts, I was able to separate the section. It is threaded as Type 1 sections.

#43152 Waterman inkvue desk pen

Posted by Dan in NYC on 07 April 2016 - 07:49 PM in R & R: (Repair and Restoration)

Restoring an inkvue Type 1 desk pen, how is the section connected to the barrel, threaded as type 1 regular FP, or glued (one piece) as in type 2 inkvue FP.  So far I am not able to separate the section from the barrel. 

Attached Thumbnails

• wat lever.jpg

#43082 1944 Parker Imperial section

Posted by Dan in NYC on 18 March 2016 - 01:03 AM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

Thanks Matt I will do so.  I am a member of PCA, but have yet to use the library.  

I got four Imperial pens, two open easily, one the section broke off with the threaded part left in the barrel and last the section separated and the threaded plug stayed in the barrel.  I believe that adhesive was used with these sections.  I have restored over 250 Parker Vacumatic and never had the difficulties that I experienced with the Imperials. Luckily it is all for my personal collection. 

#43079 1944 Parker Imperial section removal

Posted by Dan in NYC on 17 March 2016 - 12:37 AM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

I have a Parker Imperial in black that I want to restore, how is the section connected to the barrel, is it threaded as all other Vacumatics, or solvent welded?   I don't want to ruin a unique pen.

How was the Imperial barrel manufactured, did Parker cut a third generation Vacumatic barrel to remove external threads, and then cut internal threads to connect the elongated section?

Thanks for the experts' response.

Dan 

#43078 1944 Parker Imperial section

Posted by Dan in NYC on 17 March 2016 - 12:37 AM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

I have a Parker Imperial in black that I want to restore, how is the section connected to the barrel, is it threaded as all other Vacumatics, or solvent welded?   I don't want to ruin a unique pen.

How was the Imperial barrel manufactured, did Parker cut a third generation Vacumatic barrel to remove external threads, and then cut internal threads to connect the elongated section?

Thanks for the experts' response.

Dan 

#41814 Sheaffer Autograph Set - Stickered!

Posted by Dan in NYC on 31 July 2015 - 08:51 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

Beautiful set, with 14K clip and band. You got yourself a real nice set.  The pen may have lost its vacuum due to the age of the internal seals.