El Mocho's Content

There have been 2 items by El Mocho (Search limited from 26-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#19501 Hello from Phoenix

Posted by El Mocho on 15 October 2012 - 11:39 PM in Say Hello!

Welcome Chris,

I feel your pain on loss of the Marine Green (marbled) Balance. Not so often seen with the removable blind cap, and yours looks to have nice color.

regards

david

David,

Thanks. You helped nail down the distinguishing features of the pen in Some Other Place several years ago. I've been missing your Sheaffer Eye Candy.

#19494 Hello from Phoenix

Posted by El Mocho on 15 October 2012 - 07:38 PM in Say Hello!

Hi Everyone,

I post now and again in other pen related places. I'm mostly in it for collecting pens to write with, so nice "user grade" pens are fine with me.

My wife and I bought a house and have since had a child who just turned one, so my pen activities/ budget have naturally been curtailed.

Recently I was looking at a journal entry I wrote about four years ago with a pen that got stolen-- along with many others-- from my bag. I'm trying to put out more feelers for it. It is a Marine Green Sheaffer Balance from about 1930, the "combination" model which could be converted to a desk pen. I never had the quill. It was stolen, along with my bag, September 11, 2009 in Phoenix or Glendale, Arizona. I know four years is a long time, but looking back at that notebook made me wonder if that stuff would ever turn up. More than likely, they tossed it in a dumpster when it didn't have a laptop.

The nib was firm, fine, single-tone, serial number 3535609
http://farm4.static....06848973d_b.jpg
http://farm4.static....46e9bdb59_b.jpg

(I also lost a black Lamy Safari, an ED-filled Kaweco Ice Sport (Blue), a Kaweco Al-Sport, a green Sheaffer TM Crest with a medium nib, and a Sheaffer Defender. The Defender was in the same case as the Balance.)

Anyway, I hope to keep up with pens as I can, but mostly I'm just writing with the ones I have now and working the ink through them, mostly in the form of a diary.

Chris in Phoenix.