Francisco's Content

There have been 3 items by Francisco (Search limited from 30-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#2466 Parker Duofold Snr 1938 Lapis Lazuly

Posted by Francisco on 17 October 2010 - 07:02 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Hi David

Thankyou for your reply. It is nice to hear your advice. Here in South Africa there is limited places where one could restore these presious resin jewels. I have several Vacumatics and Vacumatic 51s which need some tlc. I can get nib replacements here from Parker South Africa but they do not do body repairs and theyr spare parts are limited. Who would you recomend in your country to repair them?
Thankyou once again.
I am also willing to exchange the whole lot for modern Duofolds or Premieres.

Regards

Francisco

#2465 Parker Duofold Snr 1938 Lapis Lazuly

Posted by Francisco on 17 October 2010 - 06:53 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Hi Francisco,

A great "find" for a first post. To my eye the pen does yell "Senior" not "Junior" though to confirm should measure about 5.5inch (close to 14cm) closed. Agree with Jose dating it to 1927-8 or so. Canadian nib instead of USA nib not a big deal. Lapis is a "better" color, and besides the usual grading issues (wear, brassing of trim, cracks, bad threads), preservation of color has huge impact in value. At retail a horribly darkened pen is reduced nearly to parts value, a mint stickered perfect colored pen can ask couple thousand. This pen, if Senior would sell for few hundred at least, if clean, as there is some barrel darkening, but appears to have decent color overall.

Best Regards

David

IMG_1088r.jpg

#2417 Parker Duofold Snr 1938 Lapis Lazuly

Posted by Francisco on 15 October 2010 - 08:22 AM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

I obtained this Parker Duofold recently and would like to know what it is valued at please?
It has a nib inscription that says "Canada" but not on the barrell. It works fine for it's age( I estimate 1938 era)

Thankyou

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1063.JPG