GaryBrass's Content

There have been 3 items by GaryBrass (Search limited from 25-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#26516 Help identifying Parker 51 pens

Posted by GaryBrass on 24 June 2013 - 03:45 AM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

Hello,

Thank you all for your information\tips, I have successfully flushed this pen with just water. Having flushed it a number of times with the last flushing the water was coming out clear, I had allowed the pen to try nib down and everything looks good.

I have just placed an order for a bottle of Aurora black ink and can hardly wait to get his pen inked and writing.

Thanks.

#26487 Help identifying Parker 51 pens

Posted by GaryBrass on 22 June 2013 - 12:40 AM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

Thank you both for the replies thus far, this is very interesting information.

Through my research I had identified the smaller of the two as a liquid lead pencil, I had googled the "diamond LL" marking on the body to discover this; oddly enough the pencil still writes. Furthermore I have been reading up on flushing the pen, some say it will clean up nice with a good flushing and others seem to indicate that because of the ink that may have been used it is sometimes better to disassemble the pen and clean it that way.

I in no way feel comfortable at this point disassembling the pen to clean it and think I will start with a good flushing, should it not clean up well enough for use with a good flushing is it worth having the pen serviced by a professional? Has anyone had a pen professionally serviced and if so what sort of cost would be appropriate for this type of pen?

Back to the pen and pencil, I have looked and don't see any form of date code or other identifiable markings; is it possible to date the pen and pencil that I have acquired? I had read one page that covered the Parker 51 history in great detail but could not ascertain the date of this pen\pencil by that information alone.

Thanks.

#26472 Help identifying Parker 51 pens

Posted by GaryBrass on 21 June 2013 - 07:25 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

Hello,

First post on the form and to be honest my first foray into the wold of fountain pens!

I came into a pair of Parker pens this morning and to be honest I know nothing about them, I have read a few posts and pages and to be honest I am dizzy after trying to absorb all of the information. So I thought I would post a couple of pictures and ask around to see if anyone can provide me any information on these two pens:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Any insight on these two would be greatly appreciated, I can't wait to get these cleaned up and in service!

Thanks.