Gary's Content

There have been 8 items by Gary (Search limited from 29-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#21197 Waterman

Posted by Gary on 20 December 2012 - 02:12 PM in WAHL, WATERMAN and CONKLIN (USA "Big Five")

Hello Experts:

what is a Waterman 2 A nib? 2 on Waterman nibs is quite common but actually what do the numbers mean? Any help is this line would be helpfull.

June

Hi June,

Not a key focus for me, but I see them on English (and Canadian?) pens possibly from the 1940's. About the size of an earlier USA Waterman #2 nib, irrc.

That nib might have been touched on in this thread.

http://fountainpenbo...man-nurses-set/

regards

d

I was not aware that 2 A was only Canada and English. Most of my Waterman Pens are Canadian made so I can't compare nibs. What does OP stand for?

June

June,
In the other post you were reading I believe OP means 'other poster', as in, the person who posted 1st (and I can't remember the name or how to spell it).
Gary

#14247 ebay watch: $95,000 starting bid, $15,000.35 shipping

Posted by Gary on 12 April 2012 - 04:55 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Does anyone know anything about the nib in this pen? I have a Waterman safety that has a nib with that picture on it (goat on a mountain) only my nib is a music nib. Always wondered where it came from and who made it.
Gary

#14245 A Vacumatic Maxima nib tweaked by RIchard...

Posted by Gary on 12 April 2012 - 04:48 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

Weren't there dip pens made that had pictures in the handle of them? Seems as I remember they were quite expensive.

#13566 Help Identifying This Pencil

Posted by Gary on 03 March 2012 - 11:31 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

jonathanveley.com Look for the pen museum on the first page. If Jon doesn't have a pencil you've got, maybe it hasn't been made.
GaryR

#13523 Primer in Esterbrooks

Posted by Gary on 02 March 2012 - 11:20 PM in USA "Other": Bexley; Cross; Esterbrook; Carter, Chilton, Moore, Leboeuf, Dunn, Triad, etc.

Blotto,
Your post is excellent. That took lots of 'pen-looking-at' to get that info. Maybe we can talk Dr. I. into pinning that post so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle 5 years from now.
GaryR

#12526 Pocket Knife in Sheaffer Balance Plastic.

Posted by Gary on 24 January 2012 - 05:14 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

David,
These knives are just way cool. I must be looking in the wrong places cause I never find them. It's kinda hard to believe that the pen companies didn't have at least something to do with 'accessories' like these. Even when I was a young'un carrying a pocket knife was just something you did. Nobody thought anything about it. When a boy became 'of age' he at least carried his boy scout knife with him. Be prepared and all that good stuff.
Gary

#12015 Vintage Pocket Knife in Duofold Plastic.

Posted by Gary on 07 January 2012 - 07:48 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

David,
I wonder if stuff like this opens up a whole new market? I think a knife that matches a pen is as cool as... well... sliced bread or 'Mom's apple pie'. Just trying to think how the knife collectors would view something like this. Is the pen an extra part that they don't want or could it maybe lead to another collection all to it's own? I believe there would be a separate drawer all by itself in my space.
Gary

#11739 Sheaffer Snorkel Eye Candy December 2011

Posted by Gary on 31 December 2011 - 07:16 PM in SHEAFFER (USA "Big Five")

Buckskins with metal caps can't be that hard to find. (Dr. I's picture, third from bottom) I even have one of those and if I have one, everyone should have one.
Gary R.