Pentangeli's Content

There have been 13 items by Pentangeli (Search limited from 30-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#7731 Parker 45 Solid Gold Basketweave Pattern

Posted by Pentangeli on 21 July 2011 - 12:57 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

[quote name='david i' date='21 July 2011 - 04:54 PM' timestamp='1311238485' post='7728']
All good. Note too that we do have a sales forum here. But, really, I believe you should consider keeping the pen. There is good chance you will never encounter another.

regards

david

/quote]

Thanks! Your advice is well taken. I don't believe I will get another chance to encounter a pen like this again, at least not in the wild.

Regards,

J.P.

#7726 Parker 45 Solid Gold Basketweave Pattern

Posted by Pentangeli on 21 July 2011 - 07:11 AM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

I know many serious Parker pen collectors. Some of them even buy from my website ;)

Feel free to drop me a note once/if you have sense what you want for it or wish to explore options or... whatever. No doubt this pen will gather interest.

regards

d

David,

Thank you for the encouraging offer. I will definitely let you know if and when I decide to let go of the pen. :)

Best regards,

J.P.

#7692 Parker 45 Solid Gold Basketweave Pattern

Posted by Pentangeli on 20 July 2011 - 03:45 AM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

there's one right here, but he'd have to be your slave for life... seriously now, you owe our pen club a long, free lunch ;)

If you're seriously interested, I'm sure we can make an arrangement. That is also why I'll have to sell the pen first before I can treat the pen club to a long free lunch. Ha, ha!
:D

#7664 Parker 45 Solid Gold Basketweave Pattern

Posted by Pentangeli on 19 July 2011 - 05:13 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

Whoa! Those are serious and bloody images. I had to wear sunglasses to shade my eyes from all that bling. B) Thank you for sharing them David.

The pen in your photos was made with an alternating pattern of yellow and white gold which in my opinion is more striking compared to the all yellow gold pattern.These pens are true works of art worthy to be kept as heirlooms or for serious pen collecting. Do you know of other serious Parker pen collectors? Maybe I'll sell mine like you did. ;)

Regards,

J.P.

#7639 Parker 45 Solid Gold Basketweave Pattern

Posted by Pentangeli on 19 July 2011 - 07:32 AM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

Thank you David and Harry for shining more light on my monstrous "lucky find." I'm just so happy to know that these limited specially made pens do exist and that I'm not the only one fortunate enough to own one.

I did a more thorough and 10X magnified search on the pen and saw the number 750 stamped at the side of the bottom tassie and nowhere else. Initially, I thought it was at least 14K but now the "750" stamp clearly confirms that it is indeed 18K solid gold.

Posted Image

The pen definitely does not have any other markings indicating that it was made by Parker nor an independent jeweler. I've read somewhere that some of these Basketweave Pens (Parker 75s) were made by a certain Le Fevre who might have worked for one of the French Jewelry houses like Boucheron, Cartier, or even Tiffany.

Here is a close up of the Parker 14K
hallmarked nib of the pen. I own several Parker 45s with gold nibs but this is the first time I've seen a French gold nib on a 45. This nib is also quite springy and lays a fine to medium line with some pressure.

Posted Image

This is the Parker pen box/case that the pen came in. I doubt if this is its original pen case but it sure looks good together.

Posted Image

I would love to see the close up photos of the pen that is now owned by the "serious friend, and pen collector," if and when David finds them in his basement. ;)

Regards,

J.P.

#7619 Parker 45 Solid Gold Basketweave Pattern

Posted by Pentangeli on 18 July 2011 - 02:55 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

Hi Butch!

Thanks for the link on the pentrace message board. I hope you can join our mini meet on Friday and see the pen.
:D

#7613 Parker 45 Solid Gold Basketweave Pattern

Posted by Pentangeli on 18 July 2011 - 10:31 AM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

Hello FPB,

From an estate sale in our neighborhood, I recently acquired a Parker 45 with a Basketweave Pattern on the cap and barrel. The pen is solid gold which I believe is 14K. The owner I bought it from does not know anything about it except that it came with a group of pens given to him by his grandfather in 1997.

Posted Image

To my inexperienced eye and limited knowledge about this pen, I believe it is a custom made gold overlay made by a jeweler. Even the pen's section is gold sheet overlay and the "Parker Arrow" clip is also solid gold.

Posted Image

This is the photo near the barrel opening showing the detail of the Basketweave.

Posted Image

I have searched the internet for more info about it but didn't come up with any definitive information. The pen does not have any gold hallmark except the one on the nib nor does it have any imprints saying it is a Parker 45 or where it was made.

Posted Image

The only similar gold Basketweave Pattern pen I saw was of a Parker 75 on Li-Tah Wong's excellent site here :

http://www.parker75....arker75_Ref.htm

and here:

http://www23.addr.co...rototype_26.htm

Posted Image

The very obvious thing when looking at it is that it has the nib unit, size and shape of a Parker 45. It uses a Parker Aerometric Converter which came with the pen.The 14K gold nib is marked 14cts. Made in France with a french hallmark for gold content. Could it be a french made Parker 45 with overlay done by a french jeweler? Did Parker make any Parker 45s in France?

I hope someone can help in identifying this beautiful pen and give any information about its origin, maker, value, and if possible confirm if it was custom made or a factory issue by Parker.

Cheers,

Pentangeli

#7428 Wahl Metal Eye Candy. Ring Colonial

Posted by Pentangeli on 10 July 2011 - 11:08 AM in WAHL, WATERMAN and CONKLIN (USA "Big Five")

Wow! What a beautiful pen. :)

#7426 Tiny pen teaser

Posted by Pentangeli on 10 July 2011 - 10:20 AM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Hello again! (Part 3)

Oops! I still can't get the photos to appear on this post. I used the HTML code the second time but apparently it did not work. This is going to be my third try and last try and I'm going to use the photo link. I really hope it comes out this time.

Here are some photos of my Peter Pan fountain pen. The cartridge converter and silver dollar were included alongside the pen to show size perspective.

http://flickr.com/gp...1597@N04/2nZ8F0

http://flickr.com/gp...1597@N04/wFZ6g9

I also placed the pen alongside an engineer's steel rule to show its length. It measures 85mm capped and 80mm uncapped.

http://flickr.com/gp...1597@N04/16mLi9

http://flickr.com/gp...1597@N04/P4X6e3

The pen is fully functional and is writing smoothly despite its small size. I hope you enjoy the photos of my tiny pen teaser.

Cheers,

J.P.

#7425 Tiny pen teaser

Posted by Pentangeli on 10 July 2011 - 10:07 AM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Hello again! (Part 2)

Oops, sorry! I knew I did something wrong the first time I tried to post the photos. So here they are again and this time I did the right thing.

Here are some photos of my Peter Pan fountain pen. The cartridge converter and silver dollar were included alongside the pen to show size perspective.

#7423 Tiny pen teaser

Posted by Pentangeli on 10 July 2011 - 09:39 AM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Hello again!

Peter Pan with Cartridge Converter

Peter Pan with Lady Liberty

I also placed the pen alongside a small engineer's steel rule to show the pen's length measurements.

Peter Pen Capped at 85mm

Peter Pan Uncapped at 80mm

I hope you enjoy the photos of my tiny pen teaser.

Cheers,

J.P.

#7278 Tiny pen teaser

Posted by Pentangeli on 05 July 2011 - 06:31 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

Will this qualify as a tiny pen? It measures 85mm long when capped and 80mm with cap off.
It's a lever filler Peter Pan in orange celluloid with a smooth writing steel nib. I will post photos as soon as I figure out how to do it. :unsure:

Cheers,

J.P.

#7102 Hello from Manila!

Posted by Pentangeli on 02 July 2011 - 08:38 AM in Say Hello!

Hello!

I learned about this forum through Penmanila who is one of the founding members of our local fountain pen e-group. I'm glad to be here where I can learn more about my hobby and passion for fountain pens. I am also happy to know that there are other members here also from the Philippines.

Cheers,

Pentangeli