carl k's Content

There have been 3 items by carl k (Search limited from 25-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#36437 Feed marking question

Posted by carl k on 15 August 2014 - 07:50 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

Thanks Norm.  I assume an accountant's nib would be extra fine.  Would the purpose of the A feed be to reduce the flow of ink to match the output of the nib?  

BTW- The nib on my pen must have been changed in the past. It now puts down at least a medium line.

#36435 Feed marking question

Posted by carl k on 15 August 2014 - 03:57 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

Hello,

I am fairly new to Vacumatics. I recently purchased a 1936 Emerald Green standard at the DC show that has an A marked on the feed.  I have a couple more Vacs that do not have any markings on the feed.  Can someone tell me what the A on the feed means?  Thanks.

#29756 Hello from Virginia

Posted by carl k on 17 November 2013 - 04:55 PM in Say Hello!

Hello,

Glad to become a member of this forum. I only have one year under my belt using fountain pens, but I can see this becoming a long term interest. Since I've just recently become interested in fountain pens, I only have modern pens. I thought it would be simpler and quicker to get into using fountain pens by purchasing only new pens in the beginning. This way I would not have to learn about valuations, learning how to grade, learning what kind of damage to look for in vintage pens.  (So much to learn). So far I have a couple of TWSBIs, a Pilot Custom 74, a Lamy Vista, a Gate City New Dunn, and most recently a Conid Bulk Filler. All very cool pens to me. When I start to get into vintage I think among the the first pens I will be checking out will be Parker Vacumatics. They are so beautiful. I held a few at the recent DC pen show this past summer, and boy are they nice. Now I need to know how to spot a good pen, and determine a fair price.