Daedalus1's Content

There have been 6 items by Daedalus1 (Search limited from 11-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#31860 New Edison

Posted by Daedalus1 on 04 January 2014 - 05:57 AM in Post Your Pen Finds

Hello everyone, and Happy New Year!

I just picked up a new Edison Collier in the silver marble color. Steel fine nib. This is a big pen that fits my hand surprisingly well. I don't post any of my pens so its inability to post means nothing to me. The nib was a little too toothy, so a bit of smoothing made this a pen that I think I will enjoy! It replaces a Bexley Corona as my everyday carry that earned a well deserved rest.

Tony

#31704 For the not-so-serious collectors....

Posted by Daedalus1 on 02 January 2014 - 11:51 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

Do you wear a hood when you write with some of this stuff? That top dip pen with the green letter opener looks medieval. What a great collection.

Tony

#31423 New 17 Year Old Fountain Pen Lover

Posted by Daedalus1 on 31 December 2013 - 03:47 AM in Say Hello!

Welcome! I'm a newbie myself, and I wish that I found out how much I liked using fountain pens long ago. HAVE FUN...

#31048 another new addition !!

Posted by Daedalus1 on 29 December 2013 - 03:11 PM in OTHER EUROPEAN and ASIAN PENS

I'm sorry about Mr. Gordon. Rest in Peace.

What a post! Thankyou. My grandparents were from Calabria, in the south of Italy. I remember a few beautiful green and bluish black fountain pens in their possession. We're talking about a fleeting memory...1955 or there about. My grandmother was a schoolteacher in Italy before they immigrated in 1904, and my grandfather could not read nor write, so the pens would have been hers. They were hardworking, honest, and struggling for survival, as were most of their contempories. They had no money, so those pens were no doubt hers, carefully chosen, and and purchased here. I have no idea what they could have been, but a Waterman in dark green celluloid triggers my memory. I also think that at least one of those pens was an Aurora 88 with a hooded nib. Which one it was is gone forever.

Thanks again for your answer.

Tony

#31039 another new addition !!

Posted by Daedalus1 on 29 December 2013 - 01:41 PM in OTHER EUROPEAN and ASIAN PENS

Is Ancora still in the business of making fountain pens?

#30977 Hello from Warwick, RI, USA

Posted by Daedalus1 on 28 December 2013 - 10:59 PM in Say Hello!

Hello, everyone.

I'm happy to join the FPnuts. I'm relatively new to fountain pens, but I find that I can't let go of the novelty of writing with a fountain pen. I'm 62 and learned to use one in grammar school, but was such a horrible student that I wrote a line only when threatened. Now? I use my Aurora 88 every day.

I'm waiting on a new Edison Collier in silver marble to complement my other pens. Just a few, but growing. My wife and I will frequent antique and consignment shops looking for fountain pens!

So, thanks for the opportunity to participate, and take care.

Tony