Zoe's Content

There have been 17 items by Zoe (Search limited from 20-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#38414 Pilot Maki; unknown ladies pen

Posted by Zoe on 16 November 2014 - 03:14 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

Many thanks for that information.  Very helpful.

The Pilot pen is model number FD-2000P-BN.  It is a late 80's pen and still in the 1989 catalog.  The orginal sticker price was 20,000 ¥.  You can go to Ryojusen Pens and look under ephemera.  There is a PDF copy of the 1989 Pilot catalog and you can find your pen there.

#38408 Pilot Maki; unknown ladies pen

Posted by Zoe on 15 November 2014 - 07:43 PM in Post Your Pen Finds

I was gifted these two pens this week.

The Maki I recognize, but I don't know which of the many Pilot put out, its age or pedigree.

The ring top has no markings but the 14K nib.  It is about 2-3/4 inches closed.  It was a friend's mother's school pen so I suspect it is from the late 30s or 40s.

Any ideas about one or the other.  And is likely the ring top could have a replacement lever?

Many thanks.

Zoe

Attached Thumbnails

• pilot maki 1.jpg
  • pilot maki _closeup.jpg
  • gold_pen1.jpg
  • gold_pen_open.jpg

#38292 Pittsburgh shop & repair

Posted by Zoe on 07 November 2014 - 11:20 PM in R & R: (Repair and Restoration)

I'm heading to Pittsburgh shortly and have a few pens that need some attention.  Does anyone have a recommendation for this City?

Many thanks.

Zoe

#38183 Gold Bond flat-top Barrett-made. Rather nice.

Posted by Zoe on 02 November 2014 - 09:25 PM in USA "Other": Bexley; Cross; Esterbrook; Carter, Chilton, Moore, Leboeuf, Dunn, Triad, etc.

Oh, David, am I green with envy. :)

#38176 Gold Bond flat-top Barrett-made. Rather nice.

Posted by Zoe on 02 November 2014 - 07:39 PM in USA "Other": Bexley; Cross; Esterbrook; Carter, Chilton, Moore, Leboeuf, Dunn, Triad, etc.

Bought her from an English dealer, and will have to look carefully at the nib but it has a rather flexible gold nib.

Did you get yours here?

Very nice, Zoe. A circa ~ 1930 Gold Bond Triumph, ringtop. I assume it has a "warranted #4" nib, not the (released a year or so later) "Gold Bond " nib?

#38160 Gold Bond flat-top Barrett-made. Rather nice.

Posted by Zoe on 02 November 2014 - 06:03 PM in USA "Other": Bexley; Cross; Esterbrook; Carter, Chilton, Moore, Leboeuf, Dunn, Triad, etc.

Here she is:

Zoe :D

Attached Thumbnails

• Gold Bond (closed).jpg

#38150 Gold Bond flat-top Barrett-made. Rather nice.

Posted by Zoe on 02 November 2014 - 04:18 PM in USA "Other": Bexley; Cross; Esterbrook; Carter, Chilton, Moore, Leboeuf, Dunn, Triad, etc.

Lovely, pen, David.

I have a small ring-top Gold Bond.  Just filled her up as she has been sleeping. :)

#38085 Why should I want waterproof ink?

Posted by Zoe on 31 October 2014 - 07:55 PM in Miscellanea: Ink, Paper, Calligraphy, Journals, Storage, Turning, etc

Actually, Mike, I do have and use Platinum Carbon ink and have some cartridges of Sailor nano that I got from overseas.   They are as close as it comes to waterproof, I reckon.

And the de Atramentis does dry and remain waterproof but not if you are painting quickly & adding ink or have just put down ink.

Thanks for your suggestions and input.

#38084 Why should I want waterproof ink?

Posted by Zoe on 31 October 2014 - 07:55 PM in Miscellanea: Ink, Paper, Calligraphy, Journals, Storage, Turning, etc

Duplicate cost. Apologies.

#38027 Lady Watermans

Posted by Zoe on 29 October 2014 - 07:16 PM in WAHL, WATERMAN and CONKLIN (USA "Big Five")

Thanks, David.

It always feels more complete when you know what your holding in your hand. :)

#38025 Lady Watermans

Posted by Zoe on 29 October 2014 - 04:33 PM in WAHL, WATERMAN and CONKLIN (USA "Big Five")

Finally found a photo of the pen & the way to post photos.

Perhaps someone will recognize her!

Attached Thumbnails

• lady 2.jpg

#38022 Upper Delaware Valley (NY side)

Posted by Zoe on 29 October 2014 - 01:03 PM in Say Hello!

Thanks for the welcome, all.

I'd like to post a photo or two but can't seem to get one on board because I don't seem to understand the upload system.

Peter, sounds like a great accumulation.

Mine is not worth putting on line.   When I got a pen it was because it was/is pretty or available.  I've often bought one that was more a mistake than a gleeful purchase.  I can't remember which pen was my first, but I do remember buying two Pelikan M200 in about 1992 in Providence--a blue and grey.   I still have these and now would give one up to reduce my stash.

#38006 Why should I want waterproof ink?

Posted by Zoe on 28 October 2014 - 08:05 PM in Miscellanea: Ink, Paper, Calligraphy, Journals, Storage, Turning, etc

Hope it's all right to revive an older topic, but it is a subject that interests me.

As a fountain pen user for years, I never gave a wink to whether ink was waterproof or otherwise, but more recently as I draw with ink(s) the subject got more of my attention.  So for normative writing, I care naught, but for scribbling I cared a great deal.  Swipe some watercolour over ink, and you get rather a mess.

I bought a bottle of Document/Archive by De Atramentis recently as it was recommended as "waterproof."  Is it?  Not quite. 

This recent purchase has persuaded to give up the notion that there is a ink that does muster both for both a traditional fountain pen and a calligraphy type pen that might warrant something else.

#38005 Why should I want waterproof ink?

Posted by Zoe on 28 October 2014 - 08:04 PM in Miscellanea: Ink, Paper, Calligraphy, Journals, Storage, Turning, etc

Duplicate post error.

#38002 Lady Watermans

Posted by Zoe on 28 October 2014 - 02:07 PM in WAHL, WATERMAN and CONKLIN (USA "Big Five")

I was referring to the older models, David.  Unfortunately, I am now in a cafe, miles from my Waterman but I may have a photo of it on the 'puter.

As far as I know there are as many as 3 Ladies, perhaps more.  I've never seen them all together, but did buy, and then sell a more modern one I bought at the FPH years ago. 

Hi,

I'm not up on modern Waterman models. The last "Lady Waterman" to ring a bell is the Lady Patricia from the 1930s. I can comment on those.

regards

david

#37994 Lady Watermans

Posted by Zoe on 28 October 2014 - 01:22 AM in WAHL, WATERMAN and CONKLIN (USA "Big Five")

Does anyone have a clear record of all the Lady pens that came out of Waterman.   I have one left and will find a photo and post it in tomorrow, but wonder if there is a bible for these as several appear similar on line, and one or two appear to be more valued than others.

Thanks.

#37993 Upper Delaware Valley (NY side)

Posted by Zoe on 28 October 2014 - 01:09 AM in Say Hello!

Just got the okay from David to become a Nut.

I've been using a fountain pen since my father put one in my hand nearly at birth, which is many, many years ago.  However, I don't qualify as a collector as much as an "accumulator."  Have a variety of pens from inexpensive Varsitys to nice to handle vintage.

Hope to keep using them with pleasure.