lairddouglas's Content

There have been 4 items by lairddouglas (Search limited from 21-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#38316 Painted Duofold

Posted by lairddouglas on 10 November 2014 - 08:22 AM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

I really wish there had never been mention of any big wig executive owning this pen.

----------

it is really cool in and of itself.  I count being able to hold and see this on the same level as having the chance to see and hold pens from the Michael Fultz Collection back when I attended the Chicago Pen Group meetings.  Yes I think this is as special as an Parker Aztec or Snake.  But then again I am a generalist in my collecting ... I seek out only account or needle grade nibbed pens.

-------

Humbly Yours

Douglas Cole

#38228 Sheaffer in Australia

Posted by lairddouglas on 04 November 2014 - 06:13 AM in SHEAFFER (USA "Big Five")

Yes.  Twas I that purchased the Trio on the Ebay.  I am an lover of FP & BP sets.  I am also a lover of XtraFine and Accountant Sheaffer Snorkel.  I have I believe one of each USA variant of the Accountant grade.  This set has me wondering if the Accountant grade was produced in Australia (I like to use my pens - not just gaze at them)

#38219 Sheaffer in Australia

Posted by lairddouglas on 03 November 2014 - 11:33 PM in SHEAFFER (USA "Big Five")

I would be interested in whether all the nib grades were produced in Australia.  I recently purchased a trio snorkel set - FP/MP/BP.

All are imprinted made in Australia

#38216 Painted Duofold

Posted by lairddouglas on 03 November 2014 - 11:16 PM in PARKER: (USA "Big Five")

An Acquaintance of mine came upon this pen.  Story he was told was it came from an executive of Parker Pens.  No paper documentation.

Surmise this pen might have been part of a presentation idea.  Definitely painted in the 1920's due to crackalature of the paint.

Pen was used by its previous owner.

It is very beautiful.

Attached Thumbnails

• Painted Duofold.jpg