Indy-Pen-Dance's Content

There have been 4 items by Indy-Pen-Dance (Search limited from 30-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#36418 Sheaffer Craftsman/Touchdown repair question

Posted by Indy-Pen-Dance on 15 August 2014 - 04:36 AM in R & R: (Repair and Restoration)

Richard is correct of course that you will see bubbles where the feed enters the section when pushing down the tube to fill.  If your pen is not leaking at the section where the feed enters it you should be fine.  If it does leak there, it is possible that in resetting the nib and feed you did not get the nib in the same location it was originally in.  Many times the nib has created an indention where it has sat for so many years.  If it was not put back in the exact same location it can leak.  This can be easily remedied by removing the nib and feed and looking in the section to determine where the nib was originally positioned.  If your section is hard rubber you can also heat it so that it reforms to its original shape.  The latter should be done with great care as you can easily burn/melt the section with the amount of heat required to do this.

#36802 New Postals Are Back

Posted by Indy-Pen-Dance on 30 August 2014 - 10:22 PM in Pens for Sale

The New Postal is based on the patented design of the Postal Reservoir Pen, sold during the late 1920s by the Postal Pen Company in New York. This outstanding Gate City fountain pen was created by Richard Binder and is made in the US by skilled craftsman who fit each part together by hand to ensure the highest quality. The New Postal bulb filler holds an incredible 3.2 ml of ink, which is typically three times more than the average modern day fountain pen. Fitted with top quality German made JoWo nibs in either steel or 18k gold (optional upgrade) - this is a very classy pen for those with discriminating tastes. Available exclusively at Indy-Pen-Dance.

new_postal_copper.jpg

new_postal_capped_sm.jpg

#40777 Parker 61 arrow repair

Posted by Indy-Pen-Dance on 06 May 2015 - 12:37 AM in R & R: (Repair and Restoration)

Hypo-cement would be good too.  The cyanoacrylate glue will fail.  It may not fail in a month, but it will eventually lose it's grip.

#40778 Sheaffer thread sealant question

Posted by Indy-Pen-Dance on 06 May 2015 - 12:43 AM in R & R: (Repair and Restoration)

If you already have some shellac then that will be fine, what is the point of buying extra sealant for one pen.

As Grandma use to say, anything worth doing is worth doing right.  If you cut corners, then the next thing you will hear is, "I don't have shellac or thread sealant, can I use tile chalk?  Also all joking around aside, think about 20 years from now when the pen needs serviced by someone else and what has to be done to keep the pen in good working order.  I have seen some really screwed up repairs jobs, and I have seen some pens ruined because of it.