Fawkes's Content

There have been 7 items by Fawkes (Search limited from 29-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#31213 From a corner between France and Spain

Posted by Fawkes on 30 December 2013 - 02:46 AM in Say Hello!

Hey Carlos,

Nice to see you here too. Have you posted pics of that 1975 149 yet?

-Kevin (MiamiArchStudent @ FPN)

#31188 Hello from the Shore

Posted by Fawkes on 30 December 2013 - 01:05 AM in Say Hello!

Thank you David. I'm from Sea Girt, if you know it.

I plan to stick around the boards here as FPN has too many crashes these days.

-Kevin

#31177 Hello from the Shore

Posted by Fawkes on 30 December 2013 - 12:09 AM in Say Hello!

Hello all,

Just joined after lurking on the boards for a while. I'm from the Jersey Shore and am currently in graduate school for architecture in Rhode Island. I hope to finish that in a year and join a big city firm.

I've been on FPN for a while as MiamiArchStudent and on FPGeeks as well. So, some of you may have seen posts of mine.

I used to collect modern Montegrappa pens and a few OMASes, but have started to thin down those. My interests really lie in vintage Pelikans from the 30s to the 50s, especially the tortoise models, and Montblanc button fillers and piston fillers from the same period. I also have a Jade Parker Duofold Streamline that I've been meaning to restore that I absolutely love.

I look forward to being a member of the boards.

regards,

Kevin

#31199 Hello from the Shore

Posted by Fawkes on 30 December 2013 - 01:36 AM in Say Hello!

Sorry about that. Didn't mean to put down the other site.

Thank you for the welcome Greg.

#31223 How to store vintage Montblanc piston fillers

Posted by Fawkes on 30 December 2013 - 04:01 AM in OTHER EUROPEAN and ASIAN PENS

I tend to keep mine filled with water as I haven't noticed any negative side effects. But they're in an out of rotation so often the water never sits in them too long.

I think you should be fine.

#31630 2014 New Year's Resolutions of a pen variety

Posted by Fawkes on 01 January 2014 - 11:04 PM in Elements of Collecting: Hunting, Valuing and Polemicizing

I, too, am going to try to sell off my non-collection based pens except for ones that were given to me as gifts by family members.

I would also like to stop buying pens for quite some time...we'll see how that one goes.

#31886 WTT Visconti Homo Sapiens or MB 149 for Pelikan M800 Tortoise

Posted by Fawkes on 04 January 2014 - 10:13 PM in Want Lists and Trade Offers

Hey all,

I have a Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Age with a 1.3mm stub nib I would like to trade for an M800 Tortosie. Nib size doesn't matter too much as I can always get it ground down or buy an extra. Good condition would be preferable.

The Homo Sapiens was my daily pen for about 9 months and then I realized I really didn't like stub nibs so it has been sitting in a case for almost two years now.

I also have an early sixties MB 149 with a fine semi-flex nib, if that is more enticing of a trade for an M800 Tortoise. It is in nice shape and hasn't been abused.

Any questions, please ask.

Thanks!

(Sorry about the crappy photos)

photo2_zpsf03bd45a.jpg

IMG_2232_zpsb88d6844.jpg