3 replies to this topic

#1 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:55 PM

An old theme, but still pertinent... pen shows offer unmatched opportunity to see great pens.

At the Los Angeles Pen Show Feb 2011, a monster pen traded hands, a giant Waterman #20 in mottled hard rubber, the first of this sort I've seen. Its current owner let me shoot a video. I also took some stills, but without my photo lab with me, they are a bit limited. I will post those images next couple days. Here is the video.

(if you are getting "error: try later") go to the settings box at bottom of video, where shows '360p' and switch to 480p. Seems to solve problem). This appears after you try to play the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlTCnaV4EKU

regards

David
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#2 George

George

journeyman

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:29 PM

Wow. The color is unbelievable. The intensity of the orange, especially in the cap, is just phenomenal. I've seen a 420 red, a 20 red, but never a mottled 20 in person. Congratulations to the new owner of this super rare pen.

Regards,
George

#3 John Jenkins

John Jenkins

journeyman

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • LocationDallas

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:31 PM

Man, oh ,man, what a lovely giant pen. Great video!
John
The poster formerely known as Buzz J

#4 Chris Chalmers

Chris Chalmers

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:28 AM

Thanks David! What a stupendous pen - pity about the nib missing, but as you say a nib may be found some day! I love the whirlpool of the material in the end of the cap - or was it the barrel - anyway, you held it end on at one point and I loved that detail!

You sound like you are having a great time at the show! Look out for an email from me this week please.
Congratulations to the new owner of that Waterman 20. Just when I think it is safe to go in the water..........:blink:
Hugs from the Little Island off the Big Island Down Under!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users