3 replies to this topic

#1 BamaPen

BamaPen

journeyman

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:21 AM

I have a marine green oversize Balance with the flat ball clip that is in need of a new sac. I've tried heat and gentle pulling with my section pliers, but so far no movement. I'm wondering if this may be a screwed in section rather than a push in type. It is a lever filler. The section is longer than my earlier o/s Balance, but shorter than my later one with the visual section. Any advice?

#2 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

journeyman

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSFO USA

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:05 AM

I have a marine green oversize Balance with the flat ball clip that is in need of a new sac. I've tried heat and gentle pulling with my section pliers, but so far no movement. I'm wondering if this may be a screwed in section rather than a push in type. It is a lever filler. The section is longer than my earlier o/s Balance, but shorter than my later one with the visual section. Any advice?

I would expect a friction fit section. Could be shellaced in place. Be careful with heat on the barrel. To much and you will distort the barrel or worse yet snap it off.

Patients and numerous heat cycles are your friend.

#3 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:14 AM

I would expect a friction fit section. Could be shellaced in place. Be careful with heat on the barrel. To much and you will distort the barrel or worse yet snap it off.

Patients and numerous heat cycles are your friend.

Yep. Too, green pearl pens tend to be fragile. I've seen heat craze and trash the plastic. Slow n' gentle with this one.
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#4 BamaPen

BamaPen

journeyman

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:23 AM

Thanks both of you. I wanted to be sure I had not stumbled onto some variation that was threaded. I'll stay gentle...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users