#1 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:31 AM

Hi All!,

Well, I found the Fountain Pen Board! I am so happy to be here, and as some of you may know me, I do retipping. My website is www.gregminuskin.com

Recently, I was put on suspension at the FPN (Boo!) because I had posted photos on the wrong categories, by mistake, of the pens I do that I will be bringing to the Dallas Show. Amazing how one can make a little mistake with the wrong category with them and get a 2 week suspension!

I will be at the Dallas Pen Show this week; hope to see you all there!

Do you have a nib retip? My turn around time is only 2 weeks.

Sincerely,

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:33 AM

Hi All!,

Well, I found the Fountain Pen Board! I am so happy to be here, and as some of you may know me, I do retipping. My website is www.gregminuskin.com

Recently, I was put on suspension at the FPN (Boo!) because I had posted photos on the wrong categories, by mistake, of the pens I do that I will be bringing to the Dallas Show. Amazing how one can make a little mistake with the wrong category with them and get a 2 week suspension!

I will be at the Dallas Pen Show this week; hope to see you all there!

Sincerely,

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

Welcome, Greg.

So far here, even the trolls don't get suspended ;)

I am well overdue to get some pens out to you.

regards

David
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 AndyR

AndyR

journeyman

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:54 AM

Hi Greg,

I am seriously beginning to wonder about the values of some of those admins at FPN, it seems they won't be happy until there are only admins and mods posting over there, with no other members other than a few sheep who can be told what to do and what to think! I can't imagine why anybody would want to return there after suffering the indignity of such a suspension.............

When you have some time to spare, maybe you should check out my topic on Conway Stewart manufacturing pinned to the top of the list of the 'Europe' forum where you can read how some others have been treated recently!

Andy

#4 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:21 AM

Hi Greg,

Welcome!! There are a few of us here that have been "shown the door" over at the FPN...generally for being rather frank and open than any other reason. Hope you enjoy David's board.

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

#5 Pedro

Pedro

journeyman

• Members
  • 454 posts
  • LocationWestern Illinois

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:57 PM

Welcome Greg!

2 weeks suspension? I saw the post of the 3 italic/stub nibs, saw your excellent handiwork and thought it would soon be moved without problems as many other posts from many other people have been quietly moved.

It's worse than High School! And back then I really had to work hard for that kind of punishment! Matchsticks in the door locks, honey on the office doorknob, fake dog poop on the teacher's desk, big pair of boxers on the flagpole, fake coughing and sneezing, releasing big bugs inside class, paper airplanes across the classroom, quarter glued to the floor in the hallway, kick me signs, shaving cream inside drawers, shooting rubber bands, spitballs, throwing paperballs at the overhead fans, reflecting glare off your watch on the teacher's face....and those nuns had no sense of humor whatsoever....those were the fun days!
Pedro
Looking for a Sheaffer OS Balance with a Stub nib and other OS Oddities.

#6 philm

philm

journeyman

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:02 PM

I can attest to Greg's outstanding work - witness below ~

Before

Posted Image

After

Posted Image

Phil

#7 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:12 PM

Hi Greg,

Welcome!! There are a few of us here that have been "shown the door" over at the FPN...generally for being rather frank and open than any other reason. Hope you enjoy David's board.

Regards
Hugh

Thank you for the warm welcome! I look forward to contributing to this forum on a regular basis! I appreciate also the support for the "supposed" infractions I caused, geez!

#8 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:12 PM

I can attest to Greg's outstanding work - witness below ~

Before

Posted Image

After

Posted Image

Phil

Great post of my before and after work! Thank you!

#9 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:13 PM

Hi Greg,

Regards
Hugh

Thank you Hugh! Amazing how public forums turn towards a certain leaning while the original idea of these sort of forums was the free exchange of ideas and frank discussion/opinions.

#10 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

Welcome Greg!

2 weeks suspension? I saw the post of the 3 italic/stub nibs, saw your excellent handiwork and thought it would soon be moved without problems as many other posts from many other people have been quietly moved.

It's worse than High School! And back then I really had to work hard for that kind of punishment! Matchsticks in the door locks, honey on the office doorknob, fake dog poop on the teacher's desk, big pair of boxers on the flagpole, fake coughing and sneezing, releasing big bugs inside class, paper airplanes across the classroom, quarter glued to the floor in the hallway, kick me signs, shaving cream inside drawers, shooting rubber bands, spitballs, throwing paperballs at the overhead fans, reflecting glare off your watch on the teacher's face....and those nuns had no sense of humor whatsoever....those were the fun days!

You would think I could make a posting mistake, and then just have it moved to another location, and told about it, and that would have been the end of it. No, one must suffer further punishment. Did you know that my punishment extends to me not even be able to "look" at the FPN? I can't even see or view the site for 2 weeks.

High School yes, but these folks wear diapers too!

#11 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

Welcome, Greg.

So far here, even the trolls don't get suspended ;)

I am well overdue to get some pens out to you.

regards

David

Thank you for the welcome! I really never consider myself a Troll, but I guess the label now sticks with the FPN group to me.

#12 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 263 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

You would think I could make a posting mistake, and then just have it moved to another location, and told about it, and that would have been the end of it. No, one must suffer further punishment. Did you know that my punishment extends to me not even be able to "look" at the FPN? I can't even see or view the site for 2 weeks.

High School yes, but these folks wear diapers too!

Two approaches to such viewing issues.

1) Delete all cookies from that site.

2) If that fails (an actual IP block), goto anonymouse.org then peek in, your IP will be different and you will circumvent the IP block.

Really, we probably are overdue for a thread about such things.

#13 Pedro

Pedro

journeyman

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:14 PM

I propose a Free Greg Minuskin from Oppression Campaign at FPN! Posted Image
Pedro

#14 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:46 PM

I propose a Free Greg Minuskin from Oppression Campaign at FPN! Posted Image

Or, just invite more of your pen friends to play here. Look how much fun you've had since stumbling across us ;)

Just look at the quantity and quality of Sheaffer material we generate. I know at least a few FPN Admins peek in here. I think we annoy them Posted Image
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.

Posted Image

#15 Pedro

Pedro

journeyman

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

David: this is the best board for the narrow scope of my FP interests.
Sorry, none of my other friends are into pens, just shooting, hunting, wildlife photography, military history, car racing, fishing...
I still say a "Free Greg" campaign would be hilarious...and a post in lawyer-ese would not be too bad either.
Pedro

#16 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:19 PM

Two approaches to such viewing issues.

1) Delete all cookies from that site.

2) If that fails (an actual IP block), goto anonymouse.org then peek in, your IP will be different and you will circumvent the IP block.

Really, we probably are overdue for a thread about such things.

It worked! Thank you, deleting the cookies. Tricker to find on a Mac system but I did it!

#17 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:22 PM

David: this is the best board for the narrow scope of my FP interests.
Sorry, none of my other friends are into pens, just shooting, hunting, wildlife photography, military history, car racing, fishing...
I still say a "Free Greg" campaign would be hilarious...and a post in lawyer-ese would not be too bad either.

I hear you. :)

Meant you can PM fellows with whom you often chat online and invite them to play. Wasn't referencing your colleagues from the local tennis club or what have you ;)

And, I agree about the entertainment value of such campaigns. If nothing else, the hornet's next will be stirred. I have a long history of appreciation for pot stirring. Actually, I'm a bit surprised we have not generated more trolling here. One of these days, no doubt.

Posted Image

#18 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:51 PM

Thank you for the welcome! I really never consider myself a Troll, but I guess the label now sticks with the FPN group to me.

Hi,

Oh by no means are you a troll, noting I have a measure of charm for the notion of trolls. Point is that *even* trolls here have not been banished, and certainly not non-troll serious players who happens to post in wrong forum, assuming one even believes the forum *was* wrong ;)

-d

Posted Image

#19 amble63

amble63

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:59 AM

Sincerely,

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

Don't you think you should elaborate upon your Noodler's policy when soliciting work?

#20 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:25 AM

Don't you think you should elaborate upon your Noodler's policy when soliciting work?

I've read what Greg has to say about Noodler's, it's simply an observation based on experience and a lot disagree with it. Still I'm not sure what a persons thoughts about a brand of ink has anything to do with re-tipping . Mind you over at the FPN you can't say "naughty" things about Noodlers anymore....

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users