#1 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:27 AM

Hi!

I had a special request from one of my clients I would like to share with you all. A very symmetrical 1.4mm Ball Retip to a Parker 51 nib. The trick on this nib is to get the smoothness of the nib with exact angles of the sizes.

Enjoy the photos! Can you see my camera lens in the last photo, reflected in the tipping ball?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 BrianMcQueen

BrianMcQueen

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationLynchburg, VA

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:48 AM

Very nice retip! I hope there is a 51 that can hold up to that ink flow requirement.

#3 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:22 AM

Very nice retip! I hope there is a 51 that can hold up to that ink flow requirement.

Yes, I can make this nib just run with ink with certain modifications to the feed and nose cone. We writers are what this nib is all about once properly set up in any 51 pen.

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

#4 BrianMcQueen

BrianMcQueen

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationLynchburg, VA

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:35 PM

Yes, I can make this nib just run with ink with certain modifications to the feed and nose cone. We writers are what this nib is all about once properly set up in any 51 pen.

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

What kind of modifications do you need to make? I imagine you might widen the channel in the feed and increase the space between the nose and the nib.

#5 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:04 PM

What kind of modifications do you need to make? I imagine you might widen the channel in the feed and increase the space between the nose and the nib.

True, the channel and the feed tube need work for this sort of nib. I have special tools I designed just for this task which work quite well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users