7 replies to this topic

#1 FmrLEO_GJ

FmrLEO_GJ

journeyman

• Members
  • 539 posts
  • LocationPenguin, NW Tasmania, AUSTRALIA

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:24 AM

Given I had more positive information then ever before on my No Name Cracked Ice fountain pen, I am trying again with this other of my mystery items ;)

All that is engraved on this pen is the word - 'Lightpen' - in cursive. [photographs below]

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have found one other pen in the past few years in another's collection which to me is made of the exact same materials, and in almost the same configuration, and it was marked HEMA. Blurry pictures - taken with my then basic mobile phone - are provided below.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fingers crossed again ;)
Garth
Penguin, NW Tasmania, Australia

We will be forever known by the tracks we leave behind - Sitting Bull

#2 FmrLEO_GJ

FmrLEO_GJ

journeyman

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:12 AM

Did anyone have a chance to see this message at all?
Normally at least someone responds, even if it is to say they know nothing about the particular pen. ;)

Fingers crossed this time.
It did spin off the home page quickly as about the same time a plethora of pens for sale were offered.

In hopeful anticipation.
Garth

#3 Marsilius

Marsilius

journeyman

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

I suppose folks already know this, but HEMA is a Dutch discount store founded by Jews in the Netherlands in the 1929s, I think (the wiki article gives a basic outline). I think they still sell fountain pens. I assume their pens were made for them by someone. It would be interesting to trace all the HEMA pen styles over time, if anybody knows about them. I'll be in Belgium next week and will go look at the local HEMA to see what they have then, FWIW.
Best wishes,Mars

Edited by Marsilius, 17 August 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#4 FmrLEO_GJ

FmrLEO_GJ

journeyman

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

I suppose folks already know this, but HEMA is a Dutch discount store founded by Jews in the Netherlands in the 1929s, I think (the wiki article gives a basic outline). I think they still sell fountain pens. I assume their pens were made for them by someone. It would be interesting to trace all the HEMA pen styles over time, if anybody knows about them. I'll be in Belgium next week and will go look at the local HEMA to see what they have then, FWIW.
Best wishes,Mars

Hi Mars

I was aware of the HEMA store chain... but will be very interested in any information you may find out that would confirm my hunch about my pen.
Even if not; information about their line of fountain pens will be interesting to say the least.

Enjoy Belgium, and don't eat too many chocolates ;)
Garth

#5 FmrLEO_GJ

FmrLEO_GJ

journeyman

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

Best wishes,Mars

Hi Mars

I was aware of the HEMA store chain... but will be very interested in any information you may find out that would confirm my hunch about my pen.
Even if not; information about their line of fountain pens will be interesting to say the least.

Garth

#6 Marsilius

Marsilius

journeyman

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

1345198924[/url]' post='16901']

1345196549[/url]' post='16899']
Best wishes,Mars

Hi Mars

It will be hard about the chocolates. HEMA is a block or two away from Pain Quotidien (Dagelijks Brood) in my town there. Also good food. On the way there is good chocolate, ice cream, frites, beer, and bread. The US State Dept. calls Belgium the "10 Kilo Post.". But you also walk a lot!Best,Mars

#7 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:34 AM

It will be hard about the chocolates. HEMA is a block or two away from Pain Quotidien (Dagelijks Brood) in my town there. Also good food. On the way there is good chocolate, ice cream, frites, beer, and bread. The US State Dept. calls Belgium the "10 Kilo Post.". But you also walk a lot!Best,Mars

Manhattan is full of Pain Quotidia (Quotidiae? Quotidiens?). Nice food. I like the steel-split oatmeal and the three color salad

d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#8 Marsilius

Marsilius

journeyman

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

1345271649[/url]' post='16947']

1345205504[/url]' post='16905']

Manhattan is full of Pain Quotidia (Quotidiae? Quotidiens?). Nice food. I like the steel-split oatmeal and the three color salad

d

There is a good one in Pasadena, CA, too. I will find out if it is just nostalgia, but I remember the food being better in the European ones. (snob!?)M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users