• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PatM

PatM

journeyman

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:15 PM

While trying to find a couple of sets containing knives with plastics matching Sheaffer pens, I stumbled across this set which I find pretty interesting.

For one, it contains a three-piece PFM set including a PFM ballpoint.

The box was designed specifically for this set. And, on the box top, the emblem on the left side of the rectangle reads (in case it can't be read in the photo) "Master Salesmans Club". Perhaps someone knows if this was a Sheaffer club or someone else's?

The lighter is a Zippo. Hidden under the lighter is the paper containing its guarantee and directions.

Best,
Pat

Posted Image

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:42 AM

While trying to find a couple of sets containing knives with plastics matching Sheaffer pens, I stumbled across this set which I find pretty interesting.

For one, it contains a three-piece PFM set including a PFM ballpoint.

The box was designed specifically for this set. And, on the box top, the emblem on the left side of the rectangle reads (in case it can't be read in the photo) "Master Salesmans Club". Perhaps someone knows if this was a Sheaffer club or someone else's?

The lighter is a Zippo. Hidden under the lighter is the paper containing its guarantee and directions.

Best,
Pat

Hi Pat,

Recognizing the usual risk in interpreting the cave paintings, this set certainly gives a "prize for Sheaffer salesman" flavor, though, yeah, we cannot yet exclude possibility it was made by Sheaffer for someone else to award as a prize for non-pen sales of some sort.

First of this sort I've seen. Very nice. I'll ping Sam Marshall. Maybe he has some info.

regards

David
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 Sam Marshall

Sam Marshall

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMidlothian, VA

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:31 AM

In the late 1960's Sheaffer packaged an Inperial ballpoint with the PFM & pencil and had it in the catalogue as a trio.

I do not KNOW if this was for Sheaffer salesmen or sold as an award to another company. However, I BELEIVE this to be an award package sold to others.

Sam
Sam Marshall. Website (Under Construction). http://www.penchantforpens.com
Posted Image

#4 jonro

jonro

journeyman

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:41 AM

What is the emblem on the box next to "For Distinguished Service?" Could it be a company logo of some sort?

#5 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:48 AM

What is the emblem on the box next to "For Distinguished Service?" Could it be a company logo of some sort?

Hi Jon,

""Master Salesmans Club" per the OP, but of course that doesn't tell us if it is for a Sheaffer salesman.

regards

-d
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.

Posted Image

#6 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:35 PM

I think it's fairly safe (??) to assume this wasn't a product specifically for Sheaffer salesmen by the absence of any direct reference to Sheaffer, I'm fairly sure if for a Sheaffer man then this would be evident on the box rather than being somewhat "generic".

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

#7 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

I think it's fairly safe (??) to assume this wasn't a product specifically for Sheaffer salesmen by the absence of any direct reference to Sheaffer, I'm fairly sure if for a Sheaffer man then this would be evident on the box rather than being somewhat "generic".

Regards
Hugh

It might be fairly unsafe to ever find it fairly safe to assume.... ;)

-d

Posted Image

#8 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:30 AM

Regards
Hugh

It might be fairly unsafe to ever find it fairly safe to assume.... ;)

-d

Some of us like to live in the "danger zone" Posted Image

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users