1 reply to this topic

#1 wekiva98

wekiva98

journeyman

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:33 PM

I'm not really a Waterman guy, but lately I've been fascinated by Waterman plastic/celluloid pens of the 30s. I picked up a couple of early Hundred Year Pens, a couple of 94s, a moss agate Patrician and this No. 7, in what looked to me (at first) like emerald ray celluloid. It's not actually very green in most light, however, and often looks more like silver. Whatever the color, I find it quite attractive and pleasant to use. The nib's a purple, which means there is no flex, but it is quite smooth. These late No. 7s are very nicely detailed and sized pens, which makes it a shame that Waterman didn't sell more of them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:35 PM

I'm not really a Waterman guy, but lately I've been fascinated by Waterman plastic/celluloid pens of the 30s. I picked up a couple of early Hundred Year Pens, a couple of 94s, a moss agate Patrician and this No. 7, in what looked to me (at first) like emerald ray celluloid. It's not actually very green in most light, however, and often looks more like silver. Whatever the color, I find it quite attractive and pleasant to use. The nib's a purple, which means there is no flex, but it is quite smooth. These late No. 7s are very nicely detailed and sized pens, which makes it a shame that Waterman didn't sell more of them.

Hi,

I don't focus on 1930's Waterman as much as I do on both Parker and Sheaffer, but I consider the emerald Waterman #7 to be well more scarce than the later Ink-Vue pen in this color. Nice find :)

-d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users