• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ihimlen

ihimlen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:05 AM

Here is a pen that got me really puzzled: theoretically, it shouldn't even exist since it looks like it was made some time in the 80s, possibly 90s. Yet, it's signed Wahl (!) Eversharp. When I first saw it, I thought it is just some chinese knock-off but just WHY anyone would want to counterfeit a long defunct brand is really beyond me. Interestingly, the pen is exceptionally well-made and the fit & finish is excellent - not something you see on cheap chinese knock-offs.... This suggests that the pen was indeed made in France (Yes, it's signed: Wahl-Eversharp Made in France) and the branding is etched (possibly laser etched) on the cap band as opposed to just printed (which is what I would expect to find on a chinese pen). And last but not least, the nib, although it has no logo or anything, what it does have is a small hallmark... So.... *what* is this pen? Anyone...?

Here are some pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i.
Life is too important to be taken seriously
(Oscar Wilde)

#2 Jon Veley

Jon Veley

journeyman

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:16 AM

Not the original Eversharp, which was sold to Parker in 1957 and which Parker liquidated in 1961. A Frenchman attempted to revitalize the brand in the 1990s, I believe, and his most noteworthy attempt was the "Yellow Cab" Skylines.

This piece is no more Eversharp than a modern Conklin is a Conklin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users