• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 matt

matt

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

Was this a late April Fool's joke or an attempt to pay off a portion of the Greek national debt?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110855302226

#2 plmadding

plmadding

journeyman

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationWichita, KS

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

If Greece could only sell 3,797,162 more of them, they could get quite close to paying off their national debt!

#3 Gary

Gary

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationDublin, IN.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Does anyone know anything about the nib in this pen? I have a Waterman safety that has a nib with that picture on it (goat on a mountain) only my nib is a music nib. Always wondered where it came from and who made it.
Gary

#4 PointyThings

PointyThings

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

Does anyone know anything about the nib in this pen? I have a Waterman safety that has a nib with that picture on it (goat on a mountain) only my nib is a music nib. Always wondered where it came from and who made it.
Gary

The nib was made by Bock. Their logo can be seen in statue form in front of their headquarters in Germany.

And this guy has been trying to sell that pen for about a year. He's listed it as high as $250,000. Guess he's testing price points ;-)

I made the mistake on contacting him to ask why he thought the pen was worth so much. His response was along the lines of, "I couldn't find anything about it on the Internet, so it must be extremely rare."

--Karl

Admin for FountainPenClassifieds.com -- a FREE Buy - Sell - Trade community for pen enthusiasts.

#5 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

Okay, now I have seen everything!

I don't see much on the internet about my graduating high school class from 1983, so my classmates must also be rare!Posted Image

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users