10 replies to this topic

#1 wekiva98

wekiva98

journeyman

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

I've been meaning for a while to post a photo of some of my Nozacs. Conklin made some gorgeous pens during its last few years in Toledo, and it seems a shame to me that we don't see more of them on the Board. I'm not a big-time Conklin collector by any means, but I'm happy to show what I have. Not sure I have a favorite color -- I just wish there were more of them around.

Posted Image

Edited by wekiva98, 16 April 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#2 Roger W.

Roger W.

ADVISOR

• Moderators
  • 944 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

I've been meaning for a while to post a photo of some of my Nozacs. Conklin made some gorgeous pens during its last few years in Toledo, and it seems a shame to me that we don't see more of them on the Board. I'm not a big-time Conklin collector by any means, but I'm happy to show what I have. Not sure I have a favorite color -- I just wish there were more of them around.

Posted Image

Nice collection. I like the herringbone ones. I was collecting some Conklins a while ago but am not going to pursue tat direction. I could see having one nozac though much like the Parker true blue that I have. Not a company I want to chase but, too cool of a pen to do without.

Roger W.

#3 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

Very impressive collection there! I have a desk pen, in green that is nice and its that herring bone pattern too.

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

#4 Jiffypens

Jiffypens

journeyman

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Herringbones are beautiful, the blue one pops nicely! Posted Image

#5 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

Beautiful collection, I'm a Conklin fan myself.

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

#6 plmadding

plmadding

journeyman

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationWichita, KS

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

They are truly delightful looking pens. I have never handled one so the question I have is... Is the pen rather large or is the clip just on the small side or adapted from a smaller model. Just seems to be an odd proportion to me.

Preston

#7 wekiva98

wekiva98

journeyman

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

Here are a couple of quick photos on the size question. The first shows how the big Nozac compares to the big Vacumatic and Balance. The second is a close-up of the nibs on each. (This Nozac has a couple of bells and whistles you don't always see -- the matching celluloid section and the two-tone nib.) The faceted sides of the Nozac make it a little different to hold, but the dimensions of the pen are quite comparable to those of the other two.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 piscov

piscov

journeyman

• Members
  • 449 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

Love the blue herring bone one!!! I am a big fan of Nozacs

Thanks for posting this collection, It´s great.

I will send you a PM with my address and you will be so kind to send me the blue one ;)

Best

Vasco

Edited by piscov, 23 May 2012 - 11:01 PM.

Best regards
Vasco

simbolo-e-nomesmall2_zps47c0db08.jpg

Check out "Pena Lusa by Piscov". Pens added on a regular basis!

Link for Vintage Montblanc pens here

Link for Vintage Pelikan pens here

#9 Will

Will

journeyman

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

these pens are so beautiful! I love the idea of a early american-made piston filler. Yet as said before, they are hard to find in the $200- range. Anybody know a pen guy who sells them?

#10 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:36 PM

these pens are so beautiful! I love the idea of a early american-made piston filler. Yet as said before, they are hard to find in the $200- range. Anybody know a pen guy who sells them?

Hi Will,

The chevron pattern pens tend to command a premium, but non-oversized pens in non-herringbone I believe can be found in your zone, even "retail". I'm overdue to post the single herringbone Nozac set from my personal collection, but I have couple pens in the pipeline for the website. I'm away from the collection this week, but believe I have a nice standard-size striped Nozac lying about somewhere or other.

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#11 Will

Will

journeyman

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

really?? how much would you sell it for (I might just sell my vintage 400 and get it :) The filler works, right?

I saw one under $200 on Dale Beebe's site (Pentooling), but alas it said SOLDsoldSOLD.

I'll send you an email.

Edited by Will, 26 August 2012 - 12:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users