#1 fountainbel

fountainbel

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

Hi all,

We just assembled the first pen of the Fountainbel bulk filler "First Production Run" of 60 pens.

Attached some pictures I've made.

As explained before, the cap plug , filling knob, barrel thread clutch and clip are all made from titanium
The titanium clip is made from a long bushing , making the clip pinching finger extremely flexible, while returning perfectly to its original shape.

As a result the clip can easily cope with shirt or jacket pockets thicknesses up to 2.5- 3mm.

Note the piston anchoring system in which the white piston anchoring finger engages in the black anchor on the barrel enclosure nut.

This black/white combination makes one views the engagement very well and kind off reflects to the black/white cap top logo.

Note the gravures in the titanium furniture are not yet done :

- "FPR 1-60" to 60-60 on top of the filling knob

- "CONID – BELGIUM" around the cap top

- "Fountainbel bulk filler" most probably around the cap ring ( or around the filling knob)

The pens will be ready for shipment early May.

Although the titanium parts are far more expensive as their earlier HR or polycarbonate counterparts, prices remain as specified in my prevoius post, being 420€

When interested in buying one of these pens, please contact Werner at Conid : werner@conid.be

Thanks for reading so far and have a nice day !

Francis

Resized to 80% (was 800 x 600) - Click image to enlargePosted Image

Edited by fountainbel, 29 April 2012 - 07:45 PM.

#2 Teej47

Teej47

journeyman

• Members
  • 527 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

Bravo, Francis! Really brilliant. If I had the means I'd be ordering one for sure!

Tim
The only sense that's common is nonsense...

#3 BrianMcQueen

BrianMcQueen

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationLynchburg, VA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

Francis, this filling system is amazing! You really are a true wonder with mechanisms...

#4 fountainbel

fountainbel

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

Hi all,

We just finished the assembly of the first 10 "FPR Fountainbel Bulk fillers"

As explained earlier ,these pen are now engraved as follows :

1-On the cap ring : FOUNTAINBEL BULK – FILLER CONID

2- On the Cap/clip enclosure screw : CONID ANTWERP BELGIUM

3- On the Filling knob : First Production Run 2012 FPR 01-60 to 60-60
4- On the clip end , a second number marking : FPR 01-60 to 60-60

On the attached pictures you can see these new details.

Note the clip of the pen shown has not yet the cap engraving, will be done next week.

The titanium clip is extremely flexible although with an astonishing memory.

Shirt/winter jacket thicknesses up to 2.5mm are easily coped with.

Titanium can't be bend, so we made the clip starting from a bushing and cut the final form using EDM.

The internal concave -pinching finger features the disered remarkable flexibility / memory we aimed for.

The pen shown is also equipped with a titanium BOCK nib, which matches perfectly with the titanium furniture.

As written before, the transparent parts of the pens are made from Polycarbonate, which is much stronger as Plexiglas.

Demonstrating the flexibility and the memory of this material I've also attached a picture on which I deform the thin part of the cap end to an oval shape –using a set of pinchers.

The material returned fully to its perfect cylindrical shape after doing so.

Please don't try doing this on a Plexiglas - acrylic cap !

I've also thrown the cap using maximal force sevearal times on a tile floor, I've even stand on the cap end with my full weight, no problem at all !

Although Polycarbonate is very difficult to polish to its full transparency, we finally found an approach which allows us doing so.

Plexiglas to the contrary is very easy to polish, but – as with all aspects of our design - we did not want any compromises in strength.

We also decided to install a second O ring around the nib unit bushing, just in the front of the section.
Benefit being that no ink can penetrate from the front, when putting the section in the ink during filling.
This guarantees that no ink can penetrate - from either side - between the section bore and the nib unit bushing.
Hence no risks for crusted dried ink between section and nib bushing which guarantees the nib unit can easily screw out even after years..
I've already repaired to many pens on which the screw in nib unit was seriously blocked due to crusted ink......

Thanks for reading so far !

Francis

PS Pictures are not so sharp, sorry I'm a bad photographer.....

Resized to 63% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlargePosted ImageResized to 83% (was 768 x 576) - Click image to enlargePosted ImageResized to 83% (was 768 x 576) - Click image to enlargePosted ImageResized to 63% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlargePosted ImageResized to 47% (was 1365 x 768) - Click image to enlargePosted ImagePosted ImageResized to 63% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlargePosted ImageResized to 63% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlargePosted Image

#5 jonro

jonro

journeyman

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:31 AM

Francis,

What nib line widths will be available? Is it only available in clear polycarbonate or will there be tinted versions, too?

Jon

#6 fountainbel

fountainbel

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

Francis,

What nib line widths will be available? Is it only available in clear polycarbonate or will there be tinted versions, too?

Jon

Hi Jon,

The standard Stainless BOCK nibs, aswell as the 18K gold or Titanium BOCK nibs are available in F,M,OM or M stub .
Only clear polycarbonate will be available

Francis

#7 stevekolt

stevekolt

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNJ - Soon to be WV

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

Francis,
That is a beautiful pen. How/when/where can orders be placed?

#8 piscov

piscov

journeyman

• Members
  • 449 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Great pen, with a fantastic filling system, Congratulations Francis.

Best regards
Vasco

simbolo-e-nomesmall2_zps47c0db08.jpg

Check out "Pena Lusa by Piscov". Pens added on a regular basis!

Link for Vintage Montblanc pens here

Link for Vintage Pelikan pens here

#9 fountainbel

fountainbel

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:55 AM

Thanks all for your nice comments !
When interested, please contact directly Werner at Conid : werner@conid.be
Note the new black capped "standard" demonstrator and the new L.E "streamline" demonstrator will become available shortly !!!
Francis

#10 fountainbel

fountainbel

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:56 AM

Thanks all for your nice comments !
When interested, please contact directly Werner at Conid : werner@conid.be
Note the new black capped "standard" demonstrator and the new L.E "streamline" demonstrator will become available shortly !!!
Francis

#11 stevekolt

stevekolt

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNJ - Soon to be WV

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Francis,
Thanks, email sent to Werner early this AM...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users