5 replies to this topic

#1 eisend

eisend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

Hi,

Just came across this forum and thought I would post some pics of my Waterman SF 0515... Lot's of very talented pen repair folks helped to restore it...

Dan

http://fountainpenbo...720/162-eisend/

#2 goldiesdad

goldiesdad

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

Congrats nothing like a new to you "fixed" vintage pen ... I likey

#3 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

Hi,

Just came across this forum and thought I would post some pics of my Waterman SF 0515... Lot's of very talented pen repair folks helped to restore it...

Dan

Hi Dan,

Welcome,

That's a rather special Waterman.

Hey, once you have images posted in your Gallery Album (or in one of the few pre-made Albums), it is easy to put images into the post. Just copy the full "BBC TEXT" option from the viewing page and paste that right into the text box (don't need to use the Photo Icon, as the BBC text incorporates the key tags). Here are your images from that Album

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Waterman SF (sleeve filler, though not sure the "S" originally stood for "sleeve", maybe rather "self") was made just a year or two around 1914-1915 iirc. Not simple to find any, never mind an overlay, and yours is base on a 15, not just the basic 12. I have either an 0512 or an 0515 lying around somewhere, and have vague recollection David Nishimura recently had one up at his sales site vintagepens.com

regards

david

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#4 David Nishimura

David Nishimura

journeyman

• Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:04 AM

Nice to have one of the bigger sleeve-fillers. Manufacture ran from c. 1910-1915. The filling system that had the really short run was the coin-filler.

#5 eisend

eisend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

Hi,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Welcome,

That's a rather special Waterman.

Hey, once you have images posted in your Gallery Album (or in one of the few pre-made Albums), it is easy to put images into the post. Just copy the full "BBC TEXT" option from the viewing page and paste that right into the text box (don't need to use the Photo Icon, as the BBC text incorporates the key tags). Here are your images from that Album

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Waterman SF (sleeve filler, though not sure the "S" originally stood for "sleeve", maybe rather "self") was made just a year or two around 1914-1915 iirc. Not simple to find any, never mind an overlay, and yours is base on a 15, not just the basic 12. I have either an 0512 or an 0515 lying around somewhere, and have vague recollection David Nishimura recently had one up at his sales site vintagepens.com

regards

david

Hi David,

Thanks for the additional info on the pen. It's been tricky to find out more about it as Waterman keeps (I called them) not so great info on their vintage pens. Do you have a sense of its value? I have, so far, a range of estimates but am always interested in getting others.

Thanks,
Dan

#6 sloegin

sloegin

journeyman

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

One sold in April on ebay for $1600. A well known dealer has a 12 in sterling listed for $1800. In the right setting and with the right buyer I could see $2500.

The Waterman of the past and the Waterman of today only share a name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users