• Members
  • 436 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey (USA)

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

The site is updated for this year!

www.pencentral.com

I'll be there Saturday PM!

:) Frank

"When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"  (Federalist Frank)

We sell quality, known brands at reasonable prices!!

(Use forum code "FPC" to receive an additional discount of 5%!)

http://www.federalistpensonline.com (Online Pen Store)

Like Us on Facebook!

Follow our Group(s) at Linked-In!

#2 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:12 AM

Let me be the first to reply and say I will be there! I arrive late Thursday with Michael Sull (www.spencerian.com) who is my special guest. Michael Sull is the premiere Master Penman of the U.S. and he will be at my table displaying his custom off set nib holders in exotic woods hand made by him, and signed too!

Michael Sull will also have his American Cursive Handwriting book for sale.

This will be Michael's first D.C. Show and I am proud to have such a well known and respected penman at my table.

Oh, and I will have pens with, many with my custom nib work! Prices are way, way below even wholesale!

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

Edited by Greg Minuskin, 17 July 2012 - 03:13 AM.

#3 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

Is there a date set for DC 2012?

#4 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:39 AM

If you just follow the link in the first post, well, yes.

#5 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:41 AM

Let me be the first to reply and say I will be there! I arrive late Thursday with Michael Sull (www.spencerian.com) who is my special guest. Michael Sull is the premiere Master Penman of the U.S. and he will be at my table displaying his custom off set nib holders in exotic woods hand made by him, and signed too!

What a treat, Greg! I so enjoyed watching him making art in LA last February. The people going to DC are going to have a feast for the eyes.

#6 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:50 AM

If you just follow the link in the first post, well, yes.

I looked at i saw the giveaways, and i must of just glanced over it. I got it now ;)

#7 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

What a treat, Greg! I so enjoyed watching him making art in LA last February. The people going to DC are going to have a feast for the eyes.

You bet! its a treat to see Michael in action, and he is such a consummate professional, and super friendly too. We both whole hardily endorse the Fountain Pen Board as our official pen collecting/pen discussion board with the freedom, friendship, and professionalism one expects with a blog site dealing with pens, writing, and collecting, hence my offer here; see me at the show and say "Retip my Nib" to me, and I will give you $10 off your next retip from my regular price of $65 per retip (Parker 51 nibs are $75, so 75-10 = $65.00) Offer only valid for Fountain Pen Board members, not any other boards!

Edited by Greg Minuskin, 03 August 2012 - 06:17 PM.

#8 Indy-Pen-Dance

Indy-Pen-Dance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationZionsville, Indiana

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

Mike and I will be at the show!! I'm really excited, leaving tomorrow after work and arriving in DC on Wed. evening late. We are taking our time and hitting some antique stores along the way. We will be setting up Thursday for the Weekend Trader table and will have a few pens up for grabs. We can't wait to meet folks and hope you will stop by and introduce yourselves sometime Thursday!

Kind Regards,

Linda & Mike
www.indy-pen-dance.com

Have an old fountain pen that needs restored or a newer one that needs some TLC? We provide quality restoration and nib work so your pens can glide across the page as gracefully as the best Waltz dancers.

www.Indy-Pen-Dance.com

#9 Frank(Federalist Pens)

Frank(Federalist Pens)

journeyman

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey (USA)

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

A quick report....

Good Show! It was very, very busy on Saturday! This was the first time that I had to park off-site from the hotel!
I went there with a "list" of parts needs for projects, and got all but one! (The easiest thing IMO, but no one had a black Estie J cap to spare!) Brian A. is on the lookout for one for me though!

A lot of parts, and vintage vendors at the DC Show! There were vendors, brand representatives, and retailers showing the latest products (new) as well! Repair guys included Richard, Ron Z, Pendleton, Mike (Mike it Work), and Greg Minuskin!
David bought his kitty (Jag XKR), along with his pens for sale! He was giving guided tours of both his car and pens! :)

DC is the "Must See" show for any FP fan/collector! ;)

Frank

"When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"  (Federalist Frank)

We sell quality, known brands at reasonable prices!!

(Use forum code "FPC" to receive an additional discount of 5%!)

http://www.federalistpensonline.com (Online Pen Store)

Like Us on Facebook!

Follow our Group(s) at Linked-In!

#10 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

ADVISOR

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationEphrata PA

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

I did not get enough time to hang out. We were in dc all week, and by Thursday I was petered out. I fell asleep Friday night after dinner, and never made it out for cigars and beverages. I had a great show, I got one completely unexpected pen, that I will post more of later on. I would have liked to have seen the jag, didn't even know it was there. I managed to sell a few to Doc I , but what was really lacking was the time to chat with everyone and roam around. I don't know how anyone else felt, but the buying crowd was strong, I did very well, each day went downhill on earnings, but Saturday was a great day, just imagine what the other two were like. We left aturday afternoon, and made it home by 5:30pm. I got to admit, Sunday in Adamstown was even better than the pen show, I got 20 great pens for less than my one purchase at DC, well that's not fair, but it is true. Next year, we are thinking of skipping the DC tour thing and focusing only on the pen show we'd-sun. Maybe free up some vacation for another show!

More of a report to come later!

Rick

#11 Ray-Vigo

Ray-Vigo

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:14 AM

Got to go on Sunday morning. Not a bad show. Picked up a Vacumatic to add to the stable. I prefer going Saturday but had something come up this time. DC and Baltimore are the 2 shows I attend.

#12 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:49 AM

Oh, Mike was amazing at the D.C. Show, and you know, he sold out of his books by 2pm on Saturday, wow, wow!

The feast for the eyes lasted until Sunday as well. Mike said on the phone today that he took orders for his book too.

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

#13 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:53 AM

A quick report....

Good Show! It was very, very busy on Saturday! This was the first time that I had to park off-site from the hotel!
I went there with a "list" of parts needs for projects, and got all but one! (The easiest thing IMO, but no one had a black Estie J cap to spare!) Brian A. is on the lookout for one for me though!

A lot of parts, and vintage vendors at the DC Show! There were vendors, brand representatives, and retailers showing the latest products (new) as well! Repair guys included Richard, Ron Z, Pendleton, Mike (Mike it Work), and Greg Minuskin!
David bought his kitty (Jag XKR), along with his pens for sale! He was giving guided tours of both his car and pens! :)

DC is the "Must See" show for any FP fan/collector! ;)

Frank

I second that motion; what a great show D.C. is, and all those people on Saturday, there must have been over 2,000 people milling around, buying, collecting, socializing, you name it. I sold out of all my pens, and then took in a mess of nib retips and repairs, yeah!

Boy, I was fortunate though to be sitting next to David I. the illustrious owner of this wonderful board; I made sure to not "pester" David too much about pens, and just be a good table mate. One must be respectful of the upper echelons of the pen world you know! I hope I can be next to David next year too!

Did anyone see the pens David brought?Posted Image Wow! My displays are like throwing out garbage compared to what he has. I might as well have dumped my trash can from my room onto my table.Posted Image

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

#14 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:55 AM

I did not get enough time to hang out. We were in dc all week, and by Thursday I was petered out. I fell asleep Friday night after dinner, and never made it out for cigars and beverages. I had a great show, I got one completely unexpected pen, that I will post more of later on. I would have liked to have seen the jag, didn't even know it was there. I managed to sell a few to Doc I , but what was really lacking was the time to chat with everyone and roam around. I don't know how anyone else felt, but the buying crowd was strong, I did very well, each day went downhill on earnings, but Saturday was a great day, just imagine what the other two were like. We left aturday afternoon, and made it home by 5:30pm. I got to admit, Sunday in Adamstown was even better than the pen show, I got 20 great pens for less than my one purchase at DC, well that's not fair, but it is true. Next year, we are thinking of skipping the DC tour thing and focusing only on the pen show we'd-sun. Maybe free up some vacation for another show!

More of a report to come later!

Rick

Skip touring D.C. and just enjoy the pen show and get great goodies! I did the "tour" thing years ago, a big "yawn" from me. Every public servant at the museums had their hand out for a tip, at least when I went to the museums and the other venues.

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

#15 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

ADVISOR

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationEphrata PA

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:01 AM

Next year we are doing the pen show, no touring. I forgot to get a #8 sheaffer self filling nib to you for retip, doh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users