3 replies to this topic

#1 Tennpen

Tennpen

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

Hello from the shadows of the Smokies. I found FPB while looking for an alternative to FPN. I've been a fountain pen user since the early 1980's, and my earliest "real" pen is an MB146, purchased in Tokyo. My wife's opinion to the contrary, I consider myself a user, not a collector. My main criteria for a fountain pen is that it must be good writer, and be a pen I am will to take to work. My collection assortment of pens is heavy with Pelikans, (one 605, three 400's, 10-12 200's, and a 400NN and a 140). The remaining stock includes several Parker Sonnets, several Japanese pens, including two VP's (a faceted stealth and a new stealth), a couple of handfuls of Chinese knock offs, and others almost too numerous to count.

My ink collection is reasonably large, and heavy with Noodler's. ( I promise to try my best to avoid expressing any flame generating opinions concerning said inks).

Thanks to those involved in providing a new home for FP fans.

#2 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

Welcome,

Make yourself comfortable.

#3 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:41 AM

Hello from the shadows of the Smokies. I found FPB while looking for an alternative to FPN. I've been a fountain pen user since the early 1980's, and my earliest "real" pen is an MB146, purchased in Tokyo. My wife's opinion to the contrary, I consider myself a user, not a collector. My main criteria for a fountain pen is that it must be good writer, and be a pen I am will to take to work. My collection assortment of pens is heavy with Pelikans, (one 605, three 400's, 10-12 200's, and a 400NN and a 140). The remaining stock includes several Parker Sonnets, several Japanese pens, including two VP's (a faceted stealth and a new stealth), a couple of handfuls of Chinese knock offs, and others almost too numerous to count.

My ink collection is reasonably large, and heavy with Noodler's. ( I promise to try my best to avoid expressing any flame generating opinions concerning said inks).

Thanks to those involved in providing a new home for FP fans.

Welcome to FPNuts (really. fpnuts.com will work to), the Fountain Pen Board. Do bring your friends over.

I use old pens more than new, but a hefty percentage of my small modern hoard carries the Pelikan label. Note too that FPB is not FPN. Moderation is not impossible here, but is much lighter than that which you've encountered at FPN. Nathan in fact is a long time friendly acquaintance and I like playing with his inks, but one should not be afraid to post polite opinions here, even if not fond of something or other.

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#4 Marsilius

Marsilius

journeyman

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

"My wife's opinion to the contrary, I consider myself a user, not a collector."I think I have heard this one in the mirror before!Best,Mars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users