• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Paul M

Paul M

journeyman

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

I recently came across a "WHITELEY SUPER PEN" - those of you who know me will recognise my interest is in the Whiteley tag, (this being the Bayswater, London department store that was the first of its kind in the UK).

Attached File  super pen.jpg   98.08KB   23 downloads

I have come across "Super Pens" before, and associate the name with Kenrick & Jefferson branded pens (usually made by Mabie Todd). This example does not strike me as being a MT & Co product. Currently my best guess is it is a Wyvern made item.

I would welcome any other opinions, or other examples.

(additional pictures / comments can be found at the bottom of the page here: http://summit.ch944.net/section7.php )

Attached File  whiteley bs.jpg   86.5KB   17 downloads

Attached File  whiteley nib.jpg   68.65KB   11 downloads

#2 AndyR

AndyR

journeyman

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

Hi Paul,

I have no further information on the Super Pen unfortunately but, given your Whiteley interest, I wanted to make sure you had seen Mike Bryan's article on the Benvenuti pen in WES Journal no. 93, one of which has a fantastic Whiteleys' attribution. I photographed these extremely interesting pens for Mike but didn't have the courage to take them apart to see how they might have worked!

Andy

#3 Paul M

Paul M

journeyman

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:51 AM

Hi Paul,

I have no further information on the Super Pen unfortunately but, given your Whiteley interest, I wanted to make sure you had seen Mike Bryan's article on the Benvenuti pen in WES Journal no. 93, one of which has a fantastic Whiteleys' attribution. I photographed these extremely interesting pens for Mike but didn't have the courage to take them apart to see how they might have worked!

Andy

Hi Andy

Thanks for that. Mike let me have an 'advanced viewing' of his article. An interesting character as well as an interesting pen!

As an aside, with regard to the link above, did you see the "Bentley Pen" immediately above the Whiteley's Superpen, which links to your article on the Dixon family?

Edited by Paul M, 23 September 2012 - 09:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users