• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:20 AM

Looking to buy a Salz nib, please email me with price.

#2 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

ADVISOR

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationEphrata PA

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

Salz nibs came in a lot of varieties (14K, plated, alloy) and sizes.

More specific information might yield you a favorable result.

Also, keep in mind, I believe (at least from my casual observation) some Salz might have come with Warranted 14K nibs.

just aheads up.

Rick

#3 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

Salz nibs came in a lot of varieties (14K, plated, alloy) and sizes.

More specific information might yield you a favorable result.

Also, keep in mind, I believe (at least from my casual observation) some Salz might have come with Warranted 14K nibs.

just aheads up.

Rick

You are correct, i just took off a nib from another Salz which is a Warranted 14k with flex, and put it onto an eyedropper Salz. So no need for a nib anymore.

#4 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

ADVISOR

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationEphrata PA

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

I can't believe this...

I asked for information in regards to the Salz you needed a nib for, and you did not provide me with the information.

I was even going to help you out, but you pulled a fast one on me.

:o

#5 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

I can't believe this...

I asked for information in regards to the Salz you needed a nib for, and you did not provide me with the information.

He really does seem to have habit of not reading (or not absorbing) that which is presented. The thread on Parker 51 Flighters was similar.

At least I hope it is that. Would be remarkable for someone with so little information to continue to be so cagey so persistently. Not a constructive approach.

-d
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#6 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

I can't believe this...

He really does seem to have habit of not reading (or not absorbing) that which is presented. The thread on Parker 51 Flighters was similar.

At least I hope it is that. Would be remarkable for someone with so little information to continue to be so cagey so persistently. Not a constructive approach.

-d

David and Rick,

I meant no disrespect to your comment, as you put it there may be Salz nibs is other varieties, but i was able to varify that one of the Salz pens i have is a Warranted 14k... What is wrong with verifying a semi-question you had? Just trying to cognitively understand what you guys are cornering me about....

#7 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

I can't believe this...

-d

David and Rick,

I meant no disrespect to your comment, as you put it there may be Salz nibs is other varieties, but i was able to varify that one of the Salz pens i have is a Warranted 14k... What is wrong with verifying a semi-question you had? Just trying to cognitively understand what you guys are cornering me about....

Do you know your pen should have a warranted nib? I don't know that we know, but I would be curious how you know.

You were invited to clarify which pen you had, to provide info to help sort the issue in play, and skipped that. That's fine of course. You merely had a WTB ad. Rick is poking a bit, which also is fine, given history and context for this sort of thing...

regards

d
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#8 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

I can't believe this...

-d

David and Rick,

Do you know your pen should have a warranted nib? I don't know that we know, but I would be curious how you know.

You were invited to clarify which pen you had, to provide info to help sort the issue in play, and skipped that. That's fine of course. You merely had a WTB ad. Rick is poking a bit, which also is fine, given history and context for this sort of thing...

regards

d

Well i appreciate your guy's pint pointing (sometimes).... The pen i have is a mint (BCHR has 0 discoloration) Salz eyedropper, with two gold bands (just like a Waterman 12). I have another Salz BCHR lever filler which came with a Warranted 14k nib, which was in there when i acquired. What i appreciate you asking, and a good question by you, is that i dont know if the nib came with the pen ib the 1920's.

#9 Jerry Adair

Jerry Adair

journeyman

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationShorewood

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Brandon
What they want to know is the size of th nib 2-4-6-8. You allude to a 12 Waterman that would indicate a 2 size nib. Do you actually own this pen? Or is it just a fishing expedition? I have a Salz #4 size which you may purchase for $60. Happy to send you a pic and writing sample if you wish
Bank or personal check accepted as well as cash.
Jerry

#10 Jerry Adair

Jerry Adair

journeyman

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationShorewood

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

I should have mentioned that the nib is 14K
Jerry

#11 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

I should have mentioned that the nib is 14K
Jerry

Correct, the Salz i have takes a #2. Send me a PM with a picture, and ill be glad to take a peak. Also send me pictures of any silver pens, or eyedroppers Posted Image I seem to be liking eyedroppers recently...

#12 Jerry Adair

Jerry Adair

journeyman

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationShorewood

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Brando
If you are seriously considering the nib I will shoot it for you the price is really $45. Please don't waste my time and bandwidth if you are not serious
Jerry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users